Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Installation/Upgrade Issues (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   chmod() error in /wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php on line 1016 (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=23959)

markzip Apr 6, 2017 12:34 PM

chmod() error in /wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php on line 1016

WP: 4.7.3
Atahualpa Version: 3.7.2.4
www.mayapplepress.com
Getting the following string at the top of all pages:
Quote:

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /<snip>/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php on line 1016
(where <snip> is the path to my server)

Earlier in the day it threw a couple more error lines at me and I was not even able to get to the back end. I went in via FTP and renamed an apparently misbehaving plugin (Custom Contact Forms) and also the ATA theme directory. That killed the site, of course, but allowed me in to the back end.

Once I was in the back end I went back to the FTP and renamed the plugin and the theme back to the correct names. I did not reactivate CCF. I tried, but it threw another error. So I just deactivated it. Perhaps I'll re-do forms using some other plugin.

Now I get this error only.

BUT, I do not see the "Edit" option in the "Appearance" tab of the Dashboard. I thought I would be able to use this to look at line 1016 of the functions.php of Atahualpa.
So I downloaded the theme locally and looked at that file. When I open it in Dreamweaver I see only 950 lines.

Permission error?

juggledad Apr 7, 2017 05:09 AM

There are only 950 lines in functions.php.

What happens if you switch to twenty-sixteen? Did you try disabling ALL your plugins to see if the error goes away. It could be a plugin conflict.

did you do any other upgrades just before this happened?

you might alsoo want to install the wordfence plugin and do a scan of your site.

markzip Apr 7, 2017 06:25 PM

Site works without error message if I change to TwentySixteen
No major updates.
Wordfence has been operational for a while. No recent issues.
Have had a couple of weird crawl results recently, but that code does not show in pages.

juggledad Apr 7, 2017 06:36 PM

did you try disabling ALL plugins?

can you export your Atahualpa settings and attach them to a reply?

juggledad Apr 9, 2017 05:57 AM

I see you solved the issue. What was it?

markzip Apr 9, 2017 02:27 PM

Thanks for the follow-up juggledad.
Changed name of functions.php on site root and then FTP'd it again. Only change I had made to it (years ago) was altering the footer function to add link to my own page. So that's gone now.

BUT am getting write permission errors all over, so there's obviously something deeper wrong.

For instance, I don't get a dropdown menu when hovering over the Plugins tab in Dashboard.

I'm pretty sure something has crawled in there and isn't wanting to let go.

Regards

juggledad Apr 10, 2017 06:08 AM

Quote:

Changed name of functions.php on site root and then FTP'd it again.
I assume you mean the function.php in the Atahualpa theme folder and yes, if you were using an old version of function.php, that could definately cause an issue. Each time you update the theme you would need to make the changes aftesh to functions.php so you get the new changes in it.

Once you use teh current version of functions.php, it shouldn't cause any permission issues though...