Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   ThemeFrame Presales (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   [SOLVED] Themeframe questions (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=14081)

Shama May 8, 2011 08:32 AM

[SOLVED] Themeframe questions

I have been using ATA for over a year and like it, but it takes me quite some time to figure out how to get things to look right. I saw a Themeframe video presentation and it looks great.

1. Can Themeframe do everything that ATA can do or is there any functionality that I would give up in Themeframe compared to ATA?

2. Can I turn sidebars and menus on and off for individual pages (to create sales pages)?

3. If I understand correctly, Themeframe is a desktop application which creates the theme, which is then uploaded to wordpress and then acts like a normal theme. Once the theme is uploaded, can I make all design changes from within the theme in wordpress, or do I have to go back to the desktop application, redo the theme design and upload it again as a new theme?

4. Is Themeframe fully developed already or is it very much a work in progress still?

5. Is Themeframe compatible with all major plugins automatically or are there known incompatibilities?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Jam May 8, 2011 07:16 PM

Now I know why Forum rules suggest one question at a time :) (think thats what I read somewhere).

Anyway, from a TF user, not TF support or developer (so you might want confirmation of any of this before going out and buying), you could replicate ATA with TF, but the header images would be cross slide script, not images swap script, so smooter transition. Depending on which ATA you wanted to replicate to some degree.

The difference would be, the Theme you build will have no user options like ATA has. This might change to SOME degree in future TF's apparently, but it will be no where near the options now available in ATA options. You set the theme in TF, upload, and thats it. They/you can still tweak some things at website end, but I havent looked into that much at all. I'm not even sure there is a style.css at the website end. I've just been tweaking the theme, uplaoding new one each time. This I find is perfect for giving to clients. At least now they cant "break" the website via ATA options, because there arent any :)

You can remove all widgets from sidebars for a particular page template, not sure if you can turn sidebars off on a page template. Once website uplaoded, select appropriate page template to display page accordingly. Same with Menus, remove on certain page templates, gone.

3. Correct to normal theme, but it doesnt have the tweaking options on board like ATA. It would be much easier to retweak in TF and upload again.
4. Still being developed, but functional at this point. I think its great.
5. I dont think anything is compatible with all plugins, but I dont think thats an issue. If you have a specific plugin, ask about it. If that plugin generally works with other themes no problems, I'd be guessing it will work fine with TF themes.

I'm positive the TF developer would be keen to overcome any incompatibilities with any popular plugin.

lmilesw May 8, 2011 07:25 PM

Thanks Jam... That about says is all.

Jam May 8, 2011 07:40 PM

No problem Larry ;)

regarding turning sidebars off though, yes. You would have a page template with no widgets and centre column is full page width (or whatever you wanted) = no sidebars.

Shama May 8, 2011 10:26 PM

Thanks for the answers. That clears it up for me.