Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [SOLVED] Problem with Atahualpa Theme Options in Admin (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=15739)

cwenterprises Oct 22, 2011 03:47 PM

[SOLVED] Problem with Atahualpa Theme Options in Admin

Hi,

I am new here, and today decided to give the Atahualpa Theme a try.
Friends of mine are already using it and it is very good and has many qualities so I like what I see so far.

Problem I have though is that in the Theme Options panel, each option is finished with a # therefore not allowing any of the options to open.

The link I get for each option is: "/themes.php?page=atahualpa-options&reset=true#"
And once deleted options and then retried, the link I get is "/themes.php?page=atahualpa-options#"

I installed the theme via wordpress.org using the built in WP Theme installer. It is the latest theme too. I have tried using both Opera, my browser of choice, and Mozilla, but neither are allowing me to edit any of the options in the admin panel.

I was hoping this was a quick fix, but after 90 minutes I came here for support.

Looking forward to help, I am sure it is something very easy.

Chris

juggledad Oct 22, 2011 05:04 PM

what host are you using?
try setting your permalinks to the default

cwenterprises Oct 22, 2011 05:20 PM

Hi Jugglehead,

Thanks for the swift response.
My hosts are a great UK firm called Machine Networks Ltd.
I tried the permalink suggestion deleting the cache, but it still had the same problem.

Chris

juggledad Oct 22, 2011 05:24 PM

do you get that # if you are in another theme?

I've never seen it before, try disabling all your plugins also to see if there is a conflict

cwenterprises Oct 22, 2011 05:28 PM

Hi,

No it is not there with other themes.
It does appear it is a plugin conflict but unsure as yet what plugin it is.

Appreciate your support. I did deactivate half of my plugins already but deactivated it all and will look now to see what it is. Would you like me to post back here the conflicting plugin for other users/members so they are aware?

Chris

cwenterprises Oct 22, 2011 05:33 PM

The # is there on the end of the link still by the way.
But it does work.
The conflicting plugin appears to be the one I wanted to use with the theme from iCodes.
For some reason it is not allowing the admin options once activated.

Chris

juggledad Oct 22, 2011 05:59 PM

what is the plugin?
looks like you will have to contact the plugin developer about this

cwenterprises Oct 22, 2011 06:01 PM

The plugin is iCodes plugin.

Title - iCodes for Wordpress v1

Description - iCodes WS2 plugin for Wordpress 3.0+

juggledad Oct 22, 2011 06:01 PM

looks like you will have to contact the plugin developer about this

cwenterprises Oct 22, 2011 06:05 PM

Hi,

Yes I will do and see what they suggest.
In the interim, I deactivated the plugin to set the theme as I required it, (until I sort the banner and logo out), and once the theme was set I reactivated the plugin.
There is now still a conflict in that I cannot edit any theme options with the plugin running, but the remainder of the theme is perfect and is running as should be on the front end.

Thanks again for your support, it was rapid and most appreciated and I will recommend this and other themes in future.

Chris