Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Header configuration & styling (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [SOLVED] How to get rid of light grey bar appearing behind top nav and dark grey bars (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=10611)

jopersona Oct 23, 2010 03:49 PM

[SOLVED] How to get rid of light grey bar appearing behind top nav and dark grey bars

Please see jopearson.com - I just can't see where in options to do this, can anyone help?
Version is Atahualpa 3.5
Thanks very much
Jo

lmilesw Oct 23, 2010 03:57 PM

For the gray area to the right of the menu items you could use something like
HTML Code:

#rmenu2 {background:white !important;}
The two gray bars to the left and right are a background image which you can eliminate in ATO>Body, Text, & Links

jopersona Oct 23, 2010 04:50 PM

Hello

Thanks for the suggestion.
I tried that, inputting directly into the css.php file, but it doesn't appear to work.

I put it here:

<?php if (strpos($bfa_ata['configure_header'],'%page-center')!==FALSE) { ?>
/* For centered page menu */

#rmenu2 {
background:white !important;

}

ul#rmenu2 {
border: 0 !important;

}

ul#rmenu2 li a {
white-space: nowrap; /* IE may wrap the link text of a first level item */

Maybe I put it in the wrong place?
Where should I put it?
And do you know how I get rid of the dark grey which is appearing in both side nav bars?

Thanks very much

lmilesw Oct 23, 2010 09:08 PM

Thanks STB. I sometimes forget to put that info in my replies.

jopersona Oct 24, 2010 06:50 AM

oops ok will remove from that php file. Anything I cn do to get rid of the dark grey bars in the navs?
Cheers
Jo

jopersona Oct 24, 2010 07:00 AM

Hi

As you can see at www.jopearson.com still got the long light grey bar across the top of the page behind the top nav and still got light and dark grey smaller bars appearing to left and right further down page. Any further help to resolve this greatly appreciated

Jo:(

lmilesw Oct 24, 2010 08:07 AM

All of those are either borders or backgrounds. See post #2 in this thread for explanations of the gray next to the menu and the two gray bars on the sides. As for the other two they are borders on posts and the footer.

For instance if you look in ATO>Style & edit Footer you will see this code on your site.
HTML Code:

border-top:5px solid #FAFAFA;color:#999999;font-size:11px;padding:10px;text-align:center;width:auto;
You just need to get rid of the border line to eliminate the bottom gray line. You will see similar code ATO>Style Posts & Pages.

jopersona Oct 24, 2010 09:16 AM

Hi

Sorry I never saw the explanation at the bottom of that first post!

So now I have got rid of the dark grey at the sides but still got the problem with the light grey in the top nav bar.

I tried inserting the code you suggested into the css thus:

.aligncenter {
display: block;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
}

.alignleft {
float: left;
}

.alignright {
float: right;
}

#rmenu2 {
background:white !important;

}

but nothing happens...
Am I still misunderstanding/doing something wrong?
Thanks v much

Jo

jopersona Oct 24, 2010 10:42 AM

Eureka! I think I solved it.
I didn't realise I had to put the code #rmenu2 {background:white !important;} into the Ata options rather than the actual stylesheet.

Thanks for your help

Jo:)