Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [SOLVED] How to change headings styles (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=556)

dorigen Feb 26, 2009 11:16 AM

[SOLVED] How to change headings styles

I am trying to change the size of the post titles and in particular page titles. If i go to post/page styling and change the headline box text attributes (such as color, size, etc.), nothing changes. I am looking at firebug and it shows the title as having an h2 heading style. Can I change the attributes of the headline styles somewhere?

Thanks,
Autumn

Flynn Feb 26, 2009 06:08 PM

Worked for me. What did you put into "headline box text"? Post URL if it still doesn't work. Also, do you have a newer Atahualpa version? This did not work in an older version few releases ago.

dorigen Feb 26, 2009 09:22 PM

I've got 3.2.

I was just putting in random stuff to test, for instance:

padding: 0;
margin: 0;
4px Arial, Verdana, sans-serif
color: #333389;

I realize if i remove the 8px thing then it will change the color. Nothing I do will change the size though. I am probably not entering the right command. I was just kind of copying what I saw in other boxes, but it's not working.

Thanks,
Autumn

dilago Feb 27, 2009 12:30 PM

I am experiencing the same problem and have worked around it, but a sollution would be appreciated.

Flynn Feb 27, 2009 02:49 PM

This

HTML Code:

4px Arial, Verdana, sans-serif

should be

HTML Code:

font-size: 2.15em;
font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif;

Change 2.15em to any X.XX value to change the cont-size. Also, one semicolon was missing

The all font properties could be defined in one line as you attempted, but better not do that, it is more error-prone (the order of the values does matter)

wdouzel Mar 17, 2009 08:24 AM

I have v3.2.

Oddly, all my styles for the headline text take EXCEPT color. Here's the code:

padding: 3px 5px 2px 5px;
font-size: 1.6em;
font-family: Times New Roman, Times, serif;
color: #0000FF;

Any thoughts?

Flynn Mar 17, 2009 04:45 PM

Font names with spaces should be in quotes, i.e.
font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, serif;

mwiwchar Mar 18, 2009 09:09 AM

I've followed through this thread and sorry if I'm missing something obvious...but how do you change the font styling for the different headers? I want different stylings for each h1, h2, h3, etc. I'm not sure how to differentiate between the two.

I tried to change it in css but it didnt' take. For example:

h1 {font-size: 2.15em; font-weight: bold; font-color: #666666;}
h2 {font-size: 1.85em; font-weight: bold;}
h3 {font-size: 1.6em; font-weight: bold; }
h4 {font-size: 1.4em;}
h5 {font-size: 1.2em;}
h6 {font-size: 1em;}

Thanks.

bike boy blue Mar 30, 2009 10:17 PM

i am also stumped as to how to change the headers. any advice here would be greatly appreciated. specifically i am trying to make them not bold

Flynn Mar 31, 2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwiwchar (Post 3189)
I've followed through this thread and sorry if I'm missing something obvious...but how do you change the font styling for the different headers? I want different stylings for each h1, h2, h3, etc. I'm not sure how to differentiate between the two.

I tried to change it in css but it didnt' take. For example:

h1 {font-size: 2.15em; font-weight: bold; font-color: #666666;}

Thanks.

There is no font-color, it should be
color: #666666,

Flynn Mar 31, 2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bike boy blue (Post 3873)
i am also stumped as to how to change the headers. any advice here would be greatly appreciated. specifically i am trying to make them not bold

font-weight: normal;

bike boy blue Mar 31, 2009 02:27 PM

thank you, you are a genius

ljm1984 Aug 26, 2009 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flynn (Post 3913)
There is no font-color, it should be
color: #666666,

Sorry for being very special but where do i put this ccs??

Flynn Aug 27, 2009 05:58 PM

Put CSS into one of the various text areas in the theme options if it mentions "Style" or something like that. In that case put just the property: value; pair without selector or brackets selector { }.

Or put it at CSS Inserts if you cannot find a matching theme option. In that case include the selector as well: selector { property: value; }

For the h1 example above there is no text area in the theme options so put it as CSS Insert, with selector (h1), opening and closing brackets, and property (color) and value (#666666):

h1 {color: #666666;}

TheSupercargo Apr 2, 2010 03:45 AM

Hi!

I'm a beginner to Wordpress and Atahualpa, but have previously used Dreamweaver to create a homepage that looked nice. I want to transfer that look to Atahualpa if I can.

Working with just installed Atahualpa 3.4.6

Having a lot of difficulties in changing the colour of headings.

Where can I do this? The only place I can find is in Body Style under Body, Text and Links in the ATO. I want the text INCLUDING all my Headers to be in a navy blue #000066. I can change the text to this colour, but not the headers which remain greyed out, or black when the cursor rolls over.

I've tried pasting, for example,
h1 {color: #000066;}
in the textfield under Body Style, but it makes no difference.

Can you tell me where I ought to paste it, please?

Thanks!

juggledad Apr 2, 2010 06:03 AM

If you are talking about the Post/Page titles go to ATO->Style POSTS & PAGES->HEADLINE Box: xxxxxx and add 'color: #000066;'

You should note that a title can be TEXT or it can be a LINK or it can be LINK:HOVER over it, so there are three boxes. You can set the color for HOVER to one thing, The color when it's not a link to someother color and a link to a third.

TheSupercargo Apr 6, 2010 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 29045)
If you are talking about the Post/Page titles go to ATO->Style POSTS & PAGES->HEADLINE Box: xxxxxx and add 'color: #000066;'

You should note that a title can be TEXT or it can be a LINK or it can be LINK:HOVER over it, so there are three boxes. You can set the color for HOVER to one thing, The color when it's not a link to someother color and a link to a third.

Thank you. Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I figured it out after posting but before seeing your reply. Thanks anyway for your response.

Is there a beginner's guide anywhere that takes you step by step through all the functions? I don't find the in-line explanation easy to follow. A few video tutorials would be VERY helpful. I'm searching on YouTube and have turned up a few already, but is there any easier way to find demonstrations and help?

GadgetJoe Apr 29, 2010 11:23 PM

I am trying to configure the Theme so that when I am creating a new page, I can effect the color of the body headings (i.e. heading 1, heading 2, etc).

I posted the following in css inserts

h1 {font-size: 2.15em; font-weight: bold; color: #336699;}

and I still get black text that is not the font I want (Georgia).

Can you please help. Once I have this configured, I can open up page management to various users and not worry about the look of the site. Right now, I am having to manually configure this and it is quite time consuming. www.harrisonumc.org

juggledad Apr 30, 2010 05:22 AM

have you played with the styling at ATO->Style POSTS & PAGES you shoud be able to put the color there.

GadgetJoe Apr 30, 2010 07:17 AM

Yes. I have Tried ATO -> Style Posts & Pages; I put in in the Body Box below the Font information

Also, I tried ATO -> Body, Text, and Links to no avail

I went to css insert thinking it would override

simseuss Jul 21, 2010 07:08 PM

Wondering if you sorted this one out, as I am looking for where to put heading styles in the Theme Editor?

lmilesw Jul 21, 2010 09:33 PM

The code should go in HEADLINE Box: Text and HEADLINE Box: Links to affect the headline.

simseuss Jul 21, 2010 10:20 PM

This is what I put in the Headline Box:

h3 {color:#669933;}

Also, tried
color:#669933;

This is what I tried in the Headline Box:Text:

font-size: 1.9em;
line-height: 1.2;
color: #669933;

Nothing happened.

I am trying to put in and h3 style

lmilesw Jul 21, 2010 10:28 PM

In both the "HEADLINE Box: Text" and "HEADLINE Box: Links" use the following based on your code.

HTML Code:

font-size: 1.9em;
color: #669933;

simseuss Jul 21, 2010 10:34 PM

The Headline text has changed color, however, I want to make an h3 style to use within the body text of the post.