Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does the 'Infinite Scroll' plugin work with ATA? (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=15549)

ARealpolitik Oct 3, 2011 09:26 AM

Does the 'Infinite Scroll' plugin work with ATA?

Before installing the Infinite Scroll plugin I wanted to check to see if anyone else has installed it. Does it work with Atahualpa 3.5.1?

lmilesw Oct 3, 2011 09:29 AM

Why not just install and give it a whirl?

ARealpolitik Oct 3, 2011 09:32 AM

Lol, not too brave when it comes to giving plugins a whirl. Sometimes the whirl becomes a wild ride... :)

juggledad Oct 3, 2011 09:56 AM

this is why you should have a 'playground' site

lmilesw Oct 3, 2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARealpolitik (Post 73203)
Lol, not too brave when it comes to giving plugins a whirl. Sometimes the whirl becomes a wild ride... :)

Worse case scenario is you just backup your database, install the plugin, if it doesn't work you just uninstall and in the unlikely event it messes up your database you can just restore from your backup.

Or as Juggledad said try it on a test site.

ARealpolitik Oct 3, 2011 10:57 AM

I do have another site I will try it on. FYI - Juggledad, I just donated $20 since you have helped me many times in the past. Confirmation # 5ED8711878514281P

Will this automatically make me a gold member?

juggledad Oct 3, 2011 11:08 AM

You are now a Gold member

ARealpolitik Oct 3, 2011 11:20 AM

Thank you, I tried it on my 'other' site and it did not work, at all. Not sure why. It does ask for:

Content CSS Selector: The selector of the content div on the main page.
Post CSS Selector:The selector of the post block.
Examples:#content > *, #content div.post, div.primary div.entry

Navigation Links CSS Selector: The selector of the navigation div (the one that includes the next and previous links).
Previous posts CSS Selector: The selector of the previous posts (next page) A tag.
Examples: div.navigation a:first, div.navigation a:contains(Previous)

and I tried them all...

Any suggestions?

ARealpolitik Oct 3, 2011 12:13 PM

Ok, I found this somewhere...

1. Make sure that wp_footer() is right before your end body tag. <?php wp_footer(); ?>

Where would I place this, in the loop?

juggledad Oct 3, 2011 01:59 PM

you would have to edit footer.php and move it.

FYI I just did and it still doesn't work, then I swapped to twenty-eleven and I can't figure out how to get it to work with it either.

ARealpolitik Oct 3, 2011 02:21 PM

I have a developer working on it now. When I hear anything I will let you know. Since Blogger came out with it I have been asked by several members if I can duplicate the same type scroll. Would be nice I guess, keeps people reading. Thanks for your try...

lmilesw Oct 3, 2011 03:28 PM

Play with the CSS selectors in the setting for Infinite Scroll. I haven't gotten it to totally work yet but it looks promising.

lmilesw Oct 3, 2011 03:51 PM

What worked for me is
  • Set Content CSS Selector to #middle
  • Set Post CSS Selector to #middle div.post
  • Set Navigation Links kCSS Selector to .navigation-bottom
  • Set Previous post CSS Selector to .newer a:link

juggledad Oct 3, 2011 04:19 PM

duh...I was using div#middle and it should have been td#middle :(

ARealpolitik Oct 4, 2011 07:15 AM

I tried what you said lmilesw. Didn't work for me. Juggledad, do I put the 'td#middle' in CSS Selector?

I have been on so many pages looking at dozens of solutions that worked for others but don't work for me... turned off all my plugins with no success. I appreciate both of your inputs.

So did you guys get it working on your test sites? Do you have sidebars running? I see many sites that work well but they do not use sidebars and I was wondering if that might be a problem.

juggledad Oct 4, 2011 07:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here are the settings I used for Infinite Scroll
Attachment 1550

ARealpolitik Oct 4, 2011 07:59 AM

I tried the settings you put up JD, not working. The developer sent me the newest update for the plugin which I am using so maybe it is different in some way.

http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugi....110822RC1.zip

It has a preset selector option which can be saved and added to the plugin database for future users. Finding a workable solution for all Ata users that can be automatically added would be great.

Do you have sidebars enabled on your test?

ARealpolitik Oct 4, 2011 08:10 AM

Well, I turned off sidebars deactivated all plugins with no luck. I am using ATA 3.5.3

It seems to be dependent on individual theme settings in some way I guess. Should I change something under navigation? Right now I am using all default settings.

ARealpolitik Oct 4, 2011 08:17 AM

I am such a nut, yes I turned off all plugins, lol, including infinite scroll. I turned on 'just' IS and still not working. I turned on Debug in case you would like to take a look.

http://www.digitalcombatsoldiers.com/

juggledad Oct 4, 2011 08:45 AM

yes I have both left and right sidebars

-- wow this is strange, it works I make a couple changes it doesn't work, I try to change things back, it does't work then it works.

I've been playing with the navigation setting locations and now it is not working again (??) and I don't know how to get it to work again...sigh

lmilesw Oct 4, 2011 08:45 AM

You can see it working on my EXTREMELY UGLY test site.

juggledad Oct 4, 2011 08:51 AM

NOTE: It will only work if you have ato->Next/Previous Navigation->Location of Next/Previous Page Navigation on MULTI Post Pages set to BOTTOM

ARealpolitik Oct 4, 2011 09:16 AM

:) now I am envious of a Extremely Ugly test site...

My settings for next on multi are at bottom. I changed top position to off.
Either of you guys using the newer version of plugin?

Can I send you guys admin access? By the time you get done all this testing on your sites it could have been running on mine. :)

lmilesw Oct 4, 2011 09:19 AM

You can PM me a login and I will test. I am using v2.0b2.1108713 or the plugin.

ARealpolitik Oct 4, 2011 09:31 AM

It was sent. I am using the newer version of plugin but pretty much the same. It does have a preset manager on right that allows saving the selector settings. I will stand by for now so I dont mess you up. Thanks

I also run the site through cloudflare that has caching running. I will turn it off for now.