Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Languages & Translations (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Other language (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=116)

Newgamer Jan 21, 2009 06:45 AM

Other language

Hello i need help i have installed the new ver.3.18 and i want it in german language. How this can be done?Thx

Flynn Jan 21, 2009 08:05 AM

If your WP install is German, Atahualpa 3.1.8 should automatically display in German too. The remaining English terms you might see can be adjusted via the Atahualpa Theme Options.

blp koeln Jan 30, 2009 03:37 AM

Does the Languagetranslation only affect the frontend?

Flynn Jan 30, 2009 05:28 AM

Yes, only the front end is translated

pat Jan 30, 2009 10:36 AM

I use the german Wordpress 2.7 on my server, but Atahualpa doesn't recognize the right language. Can i manually activate the German translation?

Flynn Jan 30, 2009 10:52 AM

Only the hard coded text parts would appear in German. Some text, such as the post footers etc, can be configured freely via the theme options and would still be in English until you changed them through the Theme Options. If the "Leave a Reply" above the comment form is German then it's working.

The language does not need to be enabled. If your WP installation is in German, and there is a de_DE.mo file inside /wp-content/themes/atahualpa3/ then the theme should switch the language automatically.

Voxx Feb 1, 2009 11:46 AM

Same Prob in my Blog. Have WP 2.7, all is right to be German, but the de_mo dont work!

chris Feb 1, 2009 12:02 PM

Sorry for writing in german - but it could be easier to explain.

Im deutschen Sprachfile gibt es nur "wenige" Übersetzungen, viel muss im Backend eingestellt werden.

Dashboard -> Design -> Atahualpa Theme Options -> Post/Page Info Items

Dort sind die Texte die unter/über den Blogeinträgen etc pp stehen. (FOOTER: Single Post Pages)

Ich habe auf meiner Seite z.B. folgendes unter den Blogeinträgen.

Code:

%date('j. F Y')% | %tags-linked('Tags: <image(tag.gif)> ', ', ', ' | ')% Kategorie: %categories-linked(', ')% | %comments('Kommentar schreiben <image(comment.gif)>', 'Ein Kommentar <image(comment.gif)> ', '% Kommentare <image(comments.gif)>', 'Die Kommentare sind geschlossen. <image(comments-gray.gif)>')% | %wp-print% | %sociable%%edit(' | ', 'bearbeiten <image(user.gif)>', '')%
Das Ergebnis seht ihr hier.

Viele Übersetzungen sind dort selbst zu machen und gehen nicht über das Sprachfile.

Voxx Feb 1, 2009 09:14 PM

Danke mein Freund, hast mir sehr geholfen!

Tigger Feb 5, 2009 03:38 PM

Hi,
I have the theme 3.1.9 running. My WP installation (backend) is in german language. Also the theme description under "Themen verwalten" is in german. But when I switch to the theme options, everything is in english. Also everything generated for the front end is in english. Under my articles for example shows the date up in english language like: Februar 3rd, 2009 . How can I get that into german language ? I checked the folder on my server and the german language pack is there. Seems like the theme is recognizing it at all. Also "posts" and "comments" are in english. How can i change that ?

Another question is, how can I update to 3.2 ? As far as I understood, I just delete the old versions theme folder on my server and replace it with the new one. All changes are still saved in the database. I just need to upload added pictures etc. Is that correct ? My folder is "atahualpa" ... no number or something in it.

Flynn Feb 5, 2009 03:54 PM

Re: updating: that's correct

Re: German: The terms that are still English can be customized through the theme options. See if "Leave a reply" above the comment form is in German. If yes, then it's working.

The backend is not localized

CPnieuws Feb 6, 2009 08:47 AM

My installation of WP isn't Dutch, but I want my theme in Dutch. How can I fix that?
Thanks a lot.

Flynn Feb 6, 2009 10:13 AM

See here on how to change your WP to Dutch http://codex.wordpress.org/Installin..._Your_Language

I may work to only change your wp_wonfig.php:
PHP Code:

define ('WPLANG''nl_NL'); 

without installing the nl_NL.mo from http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language

The nl_NL.mo on the URL above is for the core Wordpress, see instructions on where to place that:
  • On your site server, create a new folder in your /wp-content OR /wp-includes directory called /languages.
  • Upload the .mo file to the languages folder you just created.
The nl_NL.mo that ships with the theme is ANOTHER file and should stay where it is.

hjesu May 24, 2010 12:10 PM

Hello!
Reading here I could understand that some translations are to be done in Theme Options and OK, this is not so difficult. But the Theme comes with a POT file wich I translated, named it pt_PT for Portuguese and put the .mo file in the same directory. But I can't see if something was translated? Is this correct? If not, where shall I put the file then?
Regards