Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Montezuma Theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   [SOLVED] Virutal Templates all reset????? :( (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=19601)

ryoung Feb 8, 2013 05:27 PM

[SOLVED] Virutal Templates all reset????? :(

All of a sudden I realized today that all of my virtual templates have been reset. It couldn't have been this way more than a few days. I moved servers and realized that when I edited the templates I couldn't save them. I changed my content directory to 0775 and then it started working fine.

Is there a file where virtual templates are stored that I could restore it from a backup? I'm super unhappy thinking about having to redo all of this work on these templates.

juggledad Feb 8, 2013 05:49 PM

The virtual templates are stored in the database and if you press the reset all button, they all get reset. Now if you have a database backup you might be able to retreive that record from the db and import it into the existing db

ryoung Feb 8, 2013 05:55 PM

Man I'm so damn upset..... its possible I reset them of course.

Is there any way to disable that 'reset' code until we get a 'are you sure' ? This makes me not want to use the theme now.

juggledad Feb 8, 2013 06:04 PM

There already is an 'are you sure' box that pops up.

ryoung Feb 8, 2013 06:06 PM

well then I don't think it's possible I could reset them all..... but everything is gone, the CSS changes template changes, everything. I don't have a recent enough DB backup, and I would lose other things if I went back to that I think...

I can't think of anything else to try?

ryoung Feb 8, 2013 06:08 PM

I have it set to do a weekly backup to dropbox, I've just never 'used' it before. So I'm scared hehe

juggledad Feb 8, 2013 06:22 PM

if you have a backup it is possible to retreive the Montezuma settings.
1) You will have to restore the settings to a new database
2) then use phpMyAdmin on the old copy you will browse the wp-options table.
3) go to the end of the table and backup 1 or two pages looking for the row with the 'option_name' of Montezuma
4) edit this row
5) copy the contents of the 'option_value' field and paste it into a text file.
6) use phpMyAdmin and get into the current db
7) browse the wp-options table.
8) go to the end of the table and backup 1 or two pages looking for the row with the 'option_name' of Montezuma
9) edit this row
10) paste the contents of teh text file into the 'option_value' and press 'Go' to replace teh value

that should be it.

going off line due to lights flickering from the blizzard in the north east.

ryoung Feb 8, 2013 06:23 PM

Thanks I'll try it! Good luck weathering the storm.

ryoung Feb 8, 2013 07:14 PM

Thanks guys. That did it. I am going to change my backup frequency to daily though, after this little snafu. I'm not sure how it happened, but at least it was recoverable.