Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Help! My WP Dashboard looks wierd after I upload Atahualpa theme 3.7.7 (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=17767)

Jeanie Lee Jun 7, 2012 10:06 PM

Help! My WP Dashboard looks wierd after I upload Atahualpa theme 3.7.7

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I seek help. Yesterday after I uploaded the theme on another blog of mine something strange happened. While the blog looks normal with this theme, unfortunately can't say the same about the wordpress dashboard. Its a little hard to explain although the closest I can put into words is that it looks like a 'skeleton' of the usually wordpress dashboard page. I attached an image to let you see.

I tried all these but nothing change:

1. change to default 2010 theme then change it back to Atahualpa
2. upgraded from old wp ver to latest wp ver (problem was before this upgrade)
3. deactivated all wp plugins

Let me know if you have a solution.

Thanks
Jeanie

Jeanie Lee Jun 7, 2012 10:09 PM

I tried using Firefox and Chrome with the same result.

juggledad Jun 8, 2012 04:28 AM

try disabling all your plugins
I suspect you are running out of memory on the host, disabling all the plugins will reduce the amount of memory used and tell us it that is the issue.

If it is, you will have to contact your host about upping the memory

Jeanie Lee Jun 8, 2012 06:05 AM

Hi Juggledad,

Thanks for your quick reply. I don't think so as I have disabled all my plugins and this did not help either. I forgot to mention that I have tried using IE and there is no such problem using IE. So this issue seems to be peculiar with Firefox and Chrome and came about only after I upload Atahualpa yesterday as it happened immediately after. I actually checked with hosgator and they told me my plugins are not compatible with your theme or them version. But I already disabled my plugins and changed theme without any change. I am really not sure what else I can do. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
Jeanie

juggledad Jun 8, 2012 06:19 AM

I'd have to look at your backend to see what might be happening

as for Hostgator saying a plugin is not compatable with the theme, I think they are 'blowing smoke'. Unless they can say why, I would take it with a big grain of salt.

and if the backend works with IE and not FireFox (hmmm that's a switch) then something is making the browser flake out, but again without access to your backend there is no way to tell

How does it work with Safari and wat version of IE?

Jeanie Lee Jun 8, 2012 10:35 AM

Hi Juggledad,

I checked after installing safari browser that it works as well and now chrome works too and as of now only FF has a problem. I tried to deinstall and reinstall FF and that too had a problem and I can only guess that the FF program is not working normally and causing this problem. I think I can safely deduce that it's a browser issue.

Thanks for trying to help and you may now close this.

Jeanie