Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Montezuma Theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   [SOLVED] CSS change doesn't saved (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=19650)

Spesch Feb 17, 2013 10:28 AM

[SOLVED] CSS change doesn't saved

Hey,

I have some issues with the adaptation of the CSS files. Any change that I make is not saved. For example: if I change the the icon value in the menus_menu1.css, the site have still the default star icon. For three days I am looking for the error. Slowly, I'm going crazy.

Please help me.

juggledad Feb 17, 2013 10:33 AM

Montezuma creats a folder in the wp-content/uploads called 'montezuma' It then puts 'style.css in that folder. If the folder is not writable then it will always pick up the original default CSS.

Spesch Feb 17, 2013 10:35 AM

The wp-content/uploads and the style.css in the sub folder montezuma is there. The CHMOD for the folders is 777.

After editing the menus_menus1.css the style.css file is rewritten. But there is no effect on the blog.
The URL String in the style.css is always correct.
Example: background-image: url( http://speschwho.com/wp-content/them...ages/icons.png );

juggledad Feb 17, 2013 11:11 AM

looks like you have twenty twelve active right now.

Spesch Feb 17, 2013 11:13 AM

Just right now because I reinstall Montezuma again. :(

juggledad Feb 17, 2013 11:22 AM

reinstalling the theme isn't going to do anything, it is some other issue with your environment.

Have you tried disabling ALL plugins at the same time?

Spesch Feb 17, 2013 11:26 AM

So, Montezuma Theme reinstall, new Database install (old DB deleted), edit the icon px code from 0xp to -1944px (for example), copy the line "#menu1 .beispiel-seite > a > i { background-position: 0px -1944px; }" to the menus_menus1.css and nothing happens.

style.css in the /uploads/montezuma/ folder is updated by the time I saved the menus_menus1.css in the Montezuma Option Interface.

I don't have any plugins installed. Its still a clean WP installation. Just WP installed, install the Montezuma theme and then this one edit on the menus_menus1.css.

juggledad Feb 17, 2013 11:30 AM

and you are doing the edit to the menus_menus1.css in the theme options and not editing the physical file correct?

what are your permalinks set to?

juggledad Feb 17, 2013 11:36 AM

try this, change
HTML Code:

#menu1 .beispiel-seite > a > i { background-position: 0px -1944px; }
to
HTML Code:

#menu1 .page-beispiel-seite > a > i { background-position: 0px -1944px; }

Spesch Feb 17, 2013 11:45 AM

Ha, you solved the problem. The ".page" entry was missing.
Thank you!! :)

But one question: I tried also to change the color set for the blog title in the header.php.

I deleted the tag:
Code:

<?php bloginfo( 'name' ); ?>
to:
Code:

Spesch<font color="#999999">who</font>.com
but it doesn't work. It's still the custom color set there.

juggledad Feb 17, 2013 01:16 PM

Where exactly did you make that change? and what exactly did you put in where?

Spesch Feb 17, 2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 96661)
Where exactly did you make that change? and what exactly did you put in where?

I changed the follow line from:
Code:

<a href="<?php echo home_url(); ?>"><?php bloginfo( 'name' ); ?></a>
to:
Code:

<a href="<?php echo home_url(); ?>">Spesch<span style = "color:#999999;">who</span>.com</a>
in the header.php over the Montezuma Option Interface. I guess this is the wrong way?!

juggledad Feb 17, 2013 01:24 PM

edit the header.php and change the line
HTML Code:

<<?php bfa_if_front_else( 'h1', 'h3' ); ?> id="sitetitle">
to
HTML Code:

<<?php bfa_if_front_else( 'h1', 'h3' ); ?> id="sitetitlex">
There is some jscript that is working on the site title. You should probably go thru the CSS and find the CSS for sitetitle and set it up for sitetitlex

Spesch Feb 17, 2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 96664)
There is some jscript that is working on the site title. You should probably go thru the CSS and find the CSS for sitetitle and set it up for sitetitlex

Found, edit, works like a charm.

Thanks a lot! :)