Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Plugins & Atahualpa (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Where is the menu bar in the header file? Help with Multi-level Navigation Plugin (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=331)

crogers32 Feb 11, 2009 09:23 AM

Where is the menu bar in the header file? Help with Multi-level Navigation Plugin

First, best and most flexible theme available for Wordpress (nuff said, just gave my donation)! There are so may options in fact that I am having a hard time sorting through the header.php file to find the code for the tool bar and integrate the Multi-level Navigation Plugin.

The directions for the plugin state to add the following code to the header where I want the menu to appear: <?php if (function_exists('pixopoint_menu')) {pixopoint_menu();} ?>

I tried to add the code using Atahualpa's built in HTML/CSS inserts function but that did not work. So then I took a look at the header.php file and noticed that it looked quite different the header files of other themes, and decided that I had better ask before I go poking around.

So I guess the question is, where should I add that line of code to have the multi-level menu replace the current one? Thanks.

araneum Feb 11, 2009 04:36 PM

I'm facing similar problem as you.

Flynn Feb 12, 2009 12:28 AM

The easiest way would be to add it right before or right after

PHP Code:

<?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata_configure_header); ?>

at the bottom of header.php. Then it would be above or below the whole Atahualpa Header area.

crogers32 Feb 12, 2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flynn (Post 1296)
The easiest way would be to add it right before or right after

PHP Code:

<?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata_configure_header); ?>

at the bottom of header.php. Then it would be above or below the whole Atahualpa Header area.

Thank you Flynn for the swift response, that was exactly what I was looking for and worked without a hitch. Now, if I want to hide the default toolbar do I delete that line of code?

araneum Feb 12, 2009 11:49 AM

crogers32, do you know where to put the code to replace the default category on the right hand sidebar?

crogers32 Feb 12, 2009 12:41 PM

I figured it out. It was way easier than altering the header.php file by hand. All I had to do was use the built in options page/header tab and configure header area. Just remove the %pages and save changes.

araneum Feb 12, 2009 01:21 PM

I think this mod is for horizontal menu on the header.

What I am planning to do is to replace default category widget on the left sidebar. Any idea where to insert the multi-level code?

Flynn Feb 13, 2009 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by araneum (Post 1332)
I think this mod is for horizontal menu on the header.

What I am planning to do is to replace default category widget on the left sidebar. Any idea where to insert the multi-level code?

Use this widget http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/php-code-widget/

It does what the default text widget does but allows PHP code as well

araneum Feb 13, 2009 10:33 AM

Thanks. I feel guilty if I do not donate. :) Will do it once I finalize the theme.

Another widget I am trying to install is tabbed widget.

Flynn Feb 13, 2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by araneum (Post 1385)
Thanks. I feel guilty if I do not donate. :) Will do it once I finalize the theme.

Another widget I am trying to install is tabbed widget.

Tabbed widget does not work with Atahualpa 3.2

The reason is that Atahualpa 3 has more containers in the widgets (div.widget-content) to provide additional styling options. Tabbed widgets relies on themes having the same widget container structure as the "default" theme.

I will have to fullly integrate and modify that widget which I plan to do in one of the next releases.

crogers32 Feb 17, 2009 10:43 AM

I have the multi-level menu working and placed where I want it to be, but something within the CSS of the theme is overriding the CSS of the menu. I want the text of the menu to use font-weight:normal; but the text is appearing bold. I know that the issue is with the theme and not with the menu because when I tested the menu with the default Wordpress theme the text was not bold. Can anyone give me a hint for what I might be looking for? I have a hunch that it is somewhere in the CSS attached to the header.

Flynn Feb 17, 2009 10:51 AM

If you know that you're addressing the right selector (look it up in the browser rendered source code or use Firebug) then use !important

HTML Code:

selector {
font-weight: normal !important;
}