Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Page & Category Menu Bars (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   [SOLVED] Links not displaying hover description (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3069)

chrisp Aug 20, 2009 02:56 PM

[SOLVED] Links not displaying hover description

Hello,

I installed this theme about two weeks ago and I am trying to figure it all out. Not a php or WP guru so its been a little difficult for me.

I'm starting to add links to the category menu. I added a new link and filled-in its description through the Admin panel.

I also went to the Atahualpa Options and set Title Tags in Category to Yes. When I view the page it has the description next to the link instead of being there only when hovered on? I tried it several ways and no luck.

The category option page did not work for me either as I tried to exclude a category from the menu. I did submit another thread on that issue but haven't gotten any feedback.

Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks!

chrisp Aug 22, 2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisp (Post 13099)
Hello,

I installed this theme about two weeks ago and I am trying to figure it all out. Not a php or WP guru so its been a little difficult for me.

I'm starting to add links to the category menu. I added a new link and filled-in its description through the Admin panel.

I also went to the Atahualpa Options and set Title Tags in Category to Yes. When I view the page it has the description next to the link instead of being there only when hovered on? I tried it several ways and no luck.

The category option page did not work for me either as I tried to exclude a category from the menu. I did submit another thread on that issue but haven't gotten any feedback.

Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks!

Please help, I have still not worked past the above issue and cannot find any threads on the subject. Since, I posted the above thread I did upgrade from 3.4.1 to 3.4.2 but has nothing changed?

Flynn Aug 23, 2009 01:16 PM

The category description is supposed to be like that, it's displayed statically when chosen, not on hover

Re: excluding cats, are you sure you put the right category ID into the appropriate field? Also make sure you you aren't seeing a page cached by the browser or Wordpress (WP Super cache, WP Cache 2)

chrisp Aug 25, 2009 02:45 PM

Hi Flynn,

Thanks for the response. It will do it statically if there is a description, but it also adds the decription text next to the link?

Here is a link to the website to view my issue www.sustainapet.com. The Animal Law link is showing its description named "test".

I have tried to remove certain category ids from ATO and it won't work. Posted a thread for that but they closed it out and not sure I understand the answer. Can, or can you not remove categories through the ATO?

Thanks again.

Flynn Aug 27, 2009 05:17 PM

That's the link widget, also called blogroll, and has nothing to do with categories. Also, what you have in the sidebars are widgets, and those are controlled through the options inside the widget, not through ATO

chrisp Aug 30, 2009 11:15 AM

Flynn,

Thanks for the help! Wasn't even close to thinking that it was controlled in the widget. Thanks again!