Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Header configuration & styling (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   weird problem with the header (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1022)

wonderllama Mar 30, 2009 06:05 PM

weird problem with the header

For some reason, a ">" randomly appears at the very top of my page, above even the header. Any idea how i can find it and get rid of it? The page is http://impeachpelosi.com/?page_id=98

Flynn Mar 31, 2009 01:15 PM

A bug, I am releasing 3.3.2 in an hour.

If you have installed 3.3.1, you don't need to update

Find in header.php, line 823:

PHP Code:

<body<?php bodyclasses(); ?><?php echo ($bfa_ata['html_inserts_body_top'] != "" 
apply_filters(widget_text$bfa_ata['html_inserts_body_top']) : ''); ?>>

and replace with:

PHP Code:

<body<?php bodyclasses(); ?><?php echo ($bfa_ata['html_inserts_body_tag'] != "" 
' ' apply_filters(widget_text$bfa_ata['html_inserts_body_tag']) : ''); ?>>
<?php echo ($bfa_ata['html_inserts_body_top'] != "" 
apply_filters(widget_text$bfa_ata['html_inserts_body_top']) : ''); ?>

wonderllama Mar 31, 2009 02:17 PM

I'm still running 3.1.9 and I'd prefer not to update if I don't have to... is there a way to fix it without updating?

Thanks Flynn!

Flynn Mar 31, 2009 02:26 PM

In 3.1.9 you shouldn't have this specific problem described in this thread.

Seems like you've put a
HTML Code:

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->
into the wrong field at HTML/CSS Inserts

Should be the field HTML Inserts: Body Top instead of HTML Inserts: Body Tag

wonderllama Mar 31, 2009 02:34 PM

wow, i'm an idiot. thanks!

Tim McNabb Mar 31, 2009 04:39 PM

I got the following when applying your patch code:
Quote:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bodyclasses() in /home/tmcnabb1/public_html/TimMcNabb_com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/header.php on line 871
I am probably an idiot too.

Flynn Mar 31, 2009 05:04 PM

You probably applied the patch to a Atahualpa version older than 3.3

3.3: function "bodyclasses" introduced, but also error in header.php introduced
3.3.2: error of 3.3 fixed

If you have a version older than 3.3 you should neither have bodyclasses nor the error that came with it.

Tim McNabb Mar 31, 2009 09:44 PM

...Told you I was an idiot. I'm on 3.2 - I'll look at your feature list and see if 3.3.2 is for me. I really like the automatic updating on previous versions, by the way. I am using your theme as a default for my new web projects. Look for periodic donations!

Flynn Mar 31, 2009 10:49 PM

Making the updates totally painless is probably the most important feature that I hopefully will be able to implement soon. One step will be to add "hooks" so all manual theme file edits will be in a single file such as "custom-functions.php" instead of being spread over dozens of theme files.

Glottis Apr 1, 2009 04:58 AM

For those who applied the 3.3.1-->3.3.2 patch manually, edit functions.php and replace

PHP Code:

$theme_version "3.3.1"

with

PHP Code:

$theme_version "3.3.2"

This will get rid of the reminder to check out version 3.3.2 in Atahulapa's Settings page.

StudioGal Apr 1, 2009 01:16 PM

Wow, I installed 3.3.1 yesterday. Today I updated the header.php file as directed in this thread. Then I edited the functions php file as mentioned and the entire site crashed.

When I went back to the dashboard, the functions.php file is completely empty. And I can't get the old (yesterday's) version to upload over it. I even tried deleting the file but I still get a failure to upload.

Thank goodness I kept the older theme version and was able to revert to that!! Think I'll stick to the older version for a while until this all settles down.

StudioGal Apr 1, 2009 03:40 PM

Apologies, false alarm. I'd just run a site backup and the zipped file pushed my site over its space limit so the edited files got trashed. Everything seems to be okay now that I deleted the zipped backup. I was able to upload the files and all is back to normal again. Whew ...

Paleo Pat Apr 3, 2009 11:18 PM

Um.... I just downloaded header.php... how come I'm not finding that text in here? I'm using textpad and I don't see it.

Not even at the line number you specified. :confused:

-Pat

Glottis Apr 4, 2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paleo Pat (Post 4200)
Um.... I just downloaded header.php... how come I'm not finding that text in here? I'm using textpad and I don't see it.

Not even at the line number you specified. :confused:

-Pat

Which version of the theme did you download and install?

currye Apr 28, 2009 04:30 PM

I added this change to my header.php, now I have a blank page except for this <body

I added the code back the way it was and I still cannot make my site come back up.
site: bestvarietyshop.com/bodg I am thinking I didn't need the patch because I just downloaded and started my site on the
4/24/2009 but I keep seeing that a upgrade in the admin,

Flynn Apr 28, 2009 07:41 PM

Don't mix and match theme files between different versions, the theme is still being changed a lot between one version and the next