Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Montezuma Theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   [SOLVED] Please help with the font size (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=19753)

pisat Feb 27, 2013 10:36 AM

[SOLVED] Please help with the font size

Hey, guys!:) English isn't my native language, so please excuse me my probable mistakes and what is more, i'm terribly sorry if my question is already have been asked, because it's quite a hard work for me to review the forum. Please, just give me an answer or provide with the link to the propriate thread or smth.
I had just installed montezuma here on my blog: http://blog.lifeaudit.ru/
I am in Russia so it's in russian as you can see.
But the letters in the header are really huge! How can I reduce the font size?
Also, that menus with "stars" in the header - can they be alined in a row, not just stand on each other? Is this also connected with the font size in menus?
Also, the font is too big for me in the text area and I want them to look smaller too.
And honestly, 'm not quite satisfied with the font type (cyrillic) - how can I change this too?
Will wait for you kind reply!

lmilesw Feb 27, 2013 03:00 PM

All the font sizes are handled with the various virtual CSS pages in the theme options.

pisat Feb 28, 2013 12:51 AM

Thank you! I haven't even looked into these sections in "Options", just searched at "Templates" and "Subtemplates". Will try to follow your advise, Larry!

Kaori29 Mar 4, 2013 01:07 PM

Thank you Larry :)

I found where to change the size and the font auf the sitetitle-
But where can i change the size and fonds of the menu?
Is it the menus.css??

juggledad Mar 4, 2013 07:16 PM

Kaori29: did you look?

Kaori29 Mar 7, 2013 01:17 PM

Yes i found it. But i failed in changing the menu icons.
I know it is descriped very well but i dont know where to change / copy the new code.

CSS for icons in "Menu 1"
Replace the second numbers and copy/paste the whole code into menus_menu1.css (see menu on the left). If you don't want the icons to change on hover you don't need the second Part 2 of the code:

But where excatly in the menus_menu1.css i have to copy it? Or can i coppy it everywhere in the menus_menu1.css ??

lmilesw Mar 7, 2013 01:27 PM

You replace the code that is there.

Kaori29 Mar 9, 2013 02:29 AM

I dont know whats wrong... maybe i think to complicated-

At the moment all menue points have the star icon 0px.

this is the code i changed

Code:

/* Part 1- for default state: */
#menu1 .auftragsarbeiten > a > i { background-position: 0px -1320px; }  should be shown the barcode icon -1320px
#menu1 .bestellen > a > i { background-position: 0px -1656px; } should be shown the shopping cart icon -1656px
#menu1 .galerie-2 > a > i { background-position: 0px -408px; }
#menu1 .stampinup > a > i { background-position: 0px -72px; }
#menu1 .uber-mich > a > i { background-position: 0px -1920px; }
/* Part 2 - for hover state: */
#menu1 .auftragsarbeiten:hover > a > i, #menu1 .auftragsarbeiten.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -1320px; }
#menu1 .bestellen:hover > a > i, #menu1 .bestellen.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -1656px; }
#menu1 .galerie-2:hover > a > i, #menu1 .galerie-2.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -408px; }
#menu1 .stampinup:hover > a > i, #menu1 .stampinup.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -72px; }
#menu1 .uber-mich:hover > a > i, #menu1 .uber-mich.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -1920px; }

then i go to the menus_menu1.css an replace this:

Code:

#menu1 .page-blog > a > i                                        { background-position: 0px 0px ; }
#menu1 .page-contact-us > a > i                        { background-position: 0px -24px; }
#menu1 .page-features > a > i                        { background-position: 0px -48px ; }
#menu1 .page-level-1 > a > i                                { background-position: 0px -72px; }
#menu1 .page-news > a > i                                        { background-position: 0px -96px }
#menu1 .page-parent-page > a > i                { background-position: 0px -120px; }
#menu1 .page-support > a > i                                { background-position: 0px -144px; }
#menu1 .page-wordpress-themes > a > i        { background-position: 0px -168px; }

#menu1 .page-blog:hover > a > i                                        { background-position: -24px 0px ; }
#menu1 .page-contact-us:hover > a > i                        { background-position: -24px -24px; }
#menu1 .page-features:hover > a > i                        { background-position: -24px -48px ; }
#menu1 .page-level-1:hover > a > i                                { background-position: -24px -72px; }
#menu1 .page-news:hover > a > i                                        { background-position: -24px -96px }
#menu1 .page-parent-page:hover > a > i                { background-position: -24px -120px; }
#menu1 .page-support:hover > a > i                                { background-position: -24px -144px; }
#menu1 .page-wordpress-themes:hover > a > i        { background-position: -24px -168px; }

with mine???????

i tried so many times and it doesn't work.

lmilesw Mar 9, 2013 07:03 AM

There appears to be a bug in the menu code. For example in your new code
HTML Code:

#menu1 .galerie-2 > a > i { background-position: 0px -408px; }
Should be
HTML Code:

#menu1 .page-galerie-2 > a > i { background-position: 0px -408px; }
Each menu item needs to have page- added right after the dot

Kaori29 Mar 9, 2013 07:10 AM

Thank you. I will change it and give you a feedback :)

Kaori29 Mar 9, 2013 07:28 AM

It worked!! *horray* *happydance* ;)

Thank you very much for your help.
When im ready with my blog, i will donate for your forum and your help.