Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Center area post/pages (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   HOWTO: make a custom text style on post/page (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5595)

pakacil Jan 29, 2010 11:32 PM

HOWTO: make a custom text style on post/page

1 Attachment(s)
sometime, we want to make a different style of text on posts or pages, for any reason
for example, like this one: (click pic to enlarge)
Attachment 369

to make it...
• go to Atahualpa Options
• on Various Content Items section, go to Add HTML/CSS Inserts tab
• add this new class (and don't forget to save it)
HTML Code:

.custom {
float: right;
font-family: Times New Roman;
font-size: 24px;
font-style: italic;
color: #900000;
text-align: right;
width: 200px;
margin: 0 0 0 10px;
padding: 0;
}

note: You can change all parameters in that class above: name, etc.

now, this is the way to implement it
on our WP text editor, use HTML Mode and implement custom css in any text we want in any position in our paragraph
HTML Code:

<span class="custom">"this is our custom text style..."</span>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,...
that's it... :)

globalnerds May 3, 2010 02:02 PM

While this is great for changing a piece of text on a page. How can I change the default font(s) for all of my pages and posts where I do not specify a tag?

Wimbledon May 3, 2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by globalnerds (Post 31121)
While this is great for changing a piece of text on a page. How can I change the default font(s) for all of my pages and posts where I do not specify a tag?

Atahualpa Theme Options > Body, Text & Links > Modify font-family:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_font.asp

preciousfoods Jun 13, 2010 11:56 AM

Hello, what do I do if I do not want this central column blog/post/comments thing going on? I would like a site with only some text and links to videos, some ads, but no real blog per se.
thank you for your help!

preciousfoods Jun 13, 2010 12:02 PM

I mean is it possible at all? I guess it has to have a minimum the structure of a blog?

lmilesw Jun 13, 2010 01:35 PM

Look at your WordPress dashboard under Settings>Reading. You can set the home page to static and then just use pages if you like for a less "bloggy" site.

preciousfoods Jun 13, 2010 02:11 PM

wonderful, thank you so much

preciousfoods Jun 13, 2010 02:15 PM

can I also take out "by admin" "one comment" "uncategorized", all these things so taht it doesn;t show on the page?
thank you!

lmilesw Jun 13, 2010 02:27 PM

It will take a little time but the best thing is to go through all the Atahualpa Theme settings. You will find all sorts of items you can configure. For instance what you are looking for is in Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS. It will really pay for you to play around with the various settings to get used to them.

preciousfoods Jun 13, 2010 03:25 PM

Thanks! Actually it is the one I kind of left out for now as it looked really daunting. I played with the easiest ones for now :) There is one thing though, I can't seem to modify the center column style in 'style and edit center column', have added padding, background etc though, I must be doing something wrong or not have understood something, is it not something you can do?

Thanks again , your help is very much appreciated!

lmilesw Jun 13, 2010 03:33 PM

What version of Atahualpa and WordPress? What is the URL? What did you put in the center column style box?

preciousfoods Jun 13, 2010 04:10 PM

last wordpress, last atahualpa, just beginning, ourpowerback.com , I would like to have the box lower, at 20px and with the same background... I have entered padding: 20px 20px;
background: url (with the right url link) , is that not how it should be done?

preciousfoods Jun 13, 2010 06:22 PM

It is SO didactical, it s great, there is so much info, you really can learn some code without effort, I was thinking, you know, once you know, oh ok so if I write this like that this is what it does, then to transform the whole thing into the best didactical online paper would be to have a short sentence on each setting page saying : "you can find these codes and modify them in your *.php" as well if you wanted to", (let's say functions.php or something), wouldn't that be great? :)

lmilesw Jun 13, 2010 08:50 PM

Some of the theme settings have CSS for the center column in the CSS Inserts which overrides the CSS in the Center Column section so take a look there as well.

preciousfoods Jun 13, 2010 09:22 PM

Hello, I did actually, as I wanted to get rid of the header image container border (which I did) :) but I still don't get how to lower my central column 20px... still working on it... any help greatly appreciated! thank you!

preciousfoods Jun 13, 2010 09:48 PM

Also I spent hours on trying to remove the borders of my sidebars, adding border none to the widgets, the sidebars, modifying CSS, I just cant find a way... ourpowerback.com , help!

preciousfoods Jun 13, 2010 09:56 PM

Aooops, found it, was in widget-container, still cannot lower my central column though :(

preciousfoods Jun 13, 2010 10:05 PM

found it again, it was in post-container, thanks! great theme really, love it :)

lmilesw Jun 13, 2010 10:22 PM

You can use the CSS you put in the center container if you can't find where it is being called but you might have to add !important to the code as follows.
HTML Code:

padding: 20px 20px !important;

preciousfoods Jun 14, 2010 10:09 AM

Oh ok thanks I ll try that, also where does one get rid of the RSS and COMMENT icons that seem to be attached to the logo and pop up when I activate the logo?
thanks again!

preciousfoods Jun 14, 2010 10:12 AM

oh yes to lower the central column, I found it yesterday actually it doesnt work in style center column but worked in post container :)
thank you anyway!

lmilesw Jun 14, 2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by preciousfoods (Post 34345)
Oh ok thanks I ll try that, also where does one get rid of the RSS and COMMENT icons that seem to be attached to the logo and pop up when I activate the logo?
thanks again!

Look at the Atahualpa RSS section.

sober Jul 17, 2011 09:12 PM

Can i use the same for creating a custom link style which I can manually add. For example <a href="" class="customclass" that would make a link different from others. If possible, give me an example

juggledad Jul 18, 2011 05:32 AM

absolutely. You can put any CSS in the CSS Inserts and it will be used when you specify that class or ID (remember ID's have to be unique per page)

here is an example
HTML Code:

.linkblue {color: #blue;}
.linkred {color: #red;}

now if you used
HTML Code:

<a href="..." class="linkred">blah blah</a>
the text color would be red, if you use
HTML Code:

<a href="..." class="linkgreen">blah blah</a>
the color would be green

lmilesw Jul 18, 2011 05:53 AM

I would probably wrap the link in a div so I can style the hover. Never tried adding a class to the a tag directly. For example.
HTML Code:

<div class="special-link"><a href="">Link Text</a></div>
Then use CSS to style
HTML Code:

.special-link a:link {
color: blue;
}
.special-link a:hover {
color: red;
}

Just do some experimenting to see what works.