Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Saving Changes is taking long! (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=4969)

ulrich Dec 22, 2009 04:31 AM

Saving Changes is taking long!

Hello everybody,

First of all, huge thanks for this theme. I am starting blogging (but already put finger in HTML/PHP) and was searching for a simple easy theme: found it!

But, there is a but, the "saving changes" in theme options, is very unstable for me. I mean, it does it work and update the page but "theme option" page is taking really long to refresh and even sometime does not refresh, i have to click on browser refresh button as crazy or on "option page" menu links to get options back. I precise i have fresh new blog with wordpress 2.9 on paid server (1$1) and i straightly installed Atahualpa 3.4.4 on it (and even re-installed all blog and theme once but i still have the "bug").
Ok, i shouldn't change so many option by the time and fix my configuration but anyway it's quite boring!

Any help?

Thanks a lot

Ulrich

paulae Dec 22, 2009 05:42 AM

Hi, Ulrich. Do you have any plugins running? Some of them do not play well with the Wordpress admin pages. Do you have trouble dragging and saving widgets?

ulrich Dec 22, 2009 06:30 AM

Thanks for your quick answer Paula,

I didn't install any plugin, my blog/theme is quite "virgin", just added the usual sidebar widgets but they work fine.
In case, my blog is there: www.ulrichandivetacooking.com

Cheers

Ulrich

paulae Dec 22, 2009 06:45 AM

Your site looks great! I'm doing a cooking site too as part of my Wordpress MU installation. You have a lot of languages going on!

Does this happen only with Atahualpa? Try switching to the default theme and see if that makes any difference.

juggledad Dec 22, 2009 06:52 AM

What happens if you change sthe settings on one of the wordpress pages, like a post. Does editing a post and updating it go fast or slow too?

Are you on a shared server paying $3.99/month or do you have a fairly good hosting plan?

ulrich Dec 23, 2009 02:20 AM

Hi,

again thanks for help,

For Paulae, thanks a lot but it's really a start, we are french/latvian couple starting something..so yeah will be big language mix::) Default theme work fine but doesn't have this specific options page

For juggledad, yes it's the shared plan, but actually never had problem with my other sites (first time i use database anyway!) ....

The fact is that, when available, update is working fine, the admin tools are quite fast and efficient, i don't have any bug with that....my big problem is to access Atahualpa options!

Like this morning, i open admin area, click on Atahualpa theme options and then ....waiting for option to display, like this http://www.ulrichandivetacooking.com...ers/screen.jpg
The left menu is shown but the rest is white as snow and my browser is trying hard to find something for hours.
As i fed up, i renew page, i click on other link and come back and after 50 tries...it work! but then i am a bit scared to change option again.....

I am the only unlucky one?

Have nice Christmas time.

Ulrich

juggledad Dec 23, 2009 04:48 AM

If you would me to take a look, sent me a PM with an admin id and PW and I'll poke arround

paulae Dec 23, 2009 05:49 AM

Ulrich, let Juggledad take a look. He has helped me tremendously in the past, and sometimes the only way is to go to the server level.

Other than that, if I were you, I would totally uninstall Atahualpa and start over. Maybe some file got corrupted.

Make sure your hosting company has enabled PHP 5 for you, not 4.

RHCdG Feb 22, 2010 05:30 AM

Hi,
I am having the same problem. It takes long for any changes I make in the Atahualpa theme display in the browser. Like Ulrich, I also close the browser, clean its cache, and bring it back up again, but it may take several hours before it updates. I am not sure if the new 3.4.6 version has anything to do with it, or perhaps any plugins that I recently installed. Would any of you kind and always helpful people have any suggestions?
Thanks!
Rutger

juggledad Feb 22, 2010 08:17 AM

RHCdG :
You seem to be takinng about a different problem. Ulrich seems to be saying that when he is in the back end and presses 'Save' it takes a long time for the save to complete.

You seem to be saying that when you save something in the backend, it tacke a long time to see it in the front end...right? If so, do you have any caching plugins? if so disable them
it's not your browsers cache, it a cache on the server

RHCdG Feb 22, 2010 08:24 AM

Hi Juggledad,
You are right, that is what I meant. I did believe I was having Ulrich's same problem; sorry to have posted mine under his thread.
Anyway, your solution works! I did have WP Super Cache installed, and the updating goes much faster now. Does this mean I can't use Super Cache, or should use another plugin? Or re-enable after I'm done designing my site?
Thanks again!
Rutger

juggledad Feb 22, 2010 08:30 AM

I don't know, you shouls review the documentation for the plugin and/or go see if the author has a forum