Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Excerpts, Read more, Pagination (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Disable post thumbnail in excerpts (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=14475)

pranzyt Jun 3, 2011 09:08 AM

Disable post thumbnail in excerpts

Hi,

I have a little different issue since everyone wants to show post thumbnails but I want to disable it. The reason is I already have a plugin to control excerpt that shows thumbnail. However, by default atahualpa is also showing the post thumbnail in excerpts making it double post thumbnails. I want to completely disable the post thumbnail throught atahaulpa. I tried to set image height and width to 0 in manage thumbnail section to no avail.

How can I do it??

juggledad Jun 3, 2011 09:55 AM

do you have all BUGFIX's applied for your release of Atahualpa? (Check the 'New Version & Updates' forum and it's sub forum)
what version of Aahualpa and WP?
what plugin are you using?

pranzyt Jun 3, 2011 10:12 PM

Hi Sir,

Thanks for dropping by. I'm using Atahaulpa 3.6.4 and WP 3.1 versions.

I'm using amazon product post plugin called "Reviewazon". The plugin automatically create featured image for amazon product post and manages the archives too. I actually need the post thumbnail from this plugin since it has the title tag of the post and also the thumbnail link can be set to both inside own wordpress or the amazon product page.

Having said that, atahaulpa is also creating the post thumbnail side by side with the thumbnail image from plugin which I do not need at the moment.

How can I completely disable the post thumbnail from archives only?

Thanking you,
Ranzyt Paul

juggledad Jun 4, 2011 03:59 AM

do you have all the 364 bugfixs applied? (Found in the 'New Versions, & Updating' forum with titles starting 'BUGFIX 364-nn')

pranzyt Jun 4, 2011 11:10 AM

No Sir, I was unaware about those. I will do it now. Thanks!! but I wonder if my issue has to do with the bugs. Atleast I havent learnt yet in your bug fixes.

crateov Jan 2, 2013 09:32 PM

Was this ever resolved? I was wondering because I wanted to disable the thumbnails.

Using the latest versions of both theme and wordpress

site is crateov.com

juggledad Jan 3, 2013 04:50 AM

you could go to ato->Post THUMBNAILS and set 'Post Thumbnail Width' and 'Post Thumbnail Height' to '1' and set 'Crop Post Thumbnails?'' to 'Yes' and it will effectivaly get rid of the thrumnails.

or you can do this by editing bfa_post_parts.php and changing line 149 (in version 3.7.10) from
HTML Code:

if(has_post_thumbnail()): ?>
to

HTML Code:

if(FALSE): ?>

crateov Jan 4, 2013 05:44 AM

Thank you sir!

I set everything to 0 and thought that would work, but it make sense more if it had an actual number.