Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Center area post/pages (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   [SOLVED] Help with bfa_post_parts.php (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=13968)

757CoffeeNews Apr 29, 2011 08:30 AM

[SOLVED] Help with bfa_post_parts.php

I have been editing in this php file as I was getting the title of my pages and single posts above my main menu at the top. Now, my website is locked out with a parsing error. It says:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/micsei4/757coffeenews.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_post_parts.php on line 40

I am using WP 3.1.2 and Atahulapa 3.6.4. This is a commercial website that I need back up ASAP! I think the offending code is listed here, but I can't find the offending }. Anyone who can help would be a hero!

Thanks!

function bfa_post_headline($before = '<div class="post-headline">', $after = '</div>')
{
global $bfa_ata, $post;

if ( is_single() OR is_page() ) {
$bfa_ata_body_title = get_post_meta($post->ID, 'bfa_ata_body_title', true);
$bfa_ata_display_body_title = get_post_meta($post->ID, 'bfa_ata_display_body_title', true);
$bfa_ata_body_title_multi = get_post_meta($post->ID, 'bfa_ata_body_title_multi', true);
} else {
$bfa_ata_body_title_multi = get_post_meta($post->ID, 'bfa_ata_body_title_multi', true);
}

// Since 3.6.1: Display a link to the full post if there is no post title and the post is too short
// for a read more link.
if ( get_the_title() == '' ) { ?>
<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link">Permalink</a><?php

} else if ( (!is_single() AND !is_page()) OR $bfa_ata_display_body_title == '' ) {

echo $before; ?>
<h<?php echo $bfa_ata['h_posttitle']; ?>><?php

if( !is_single() AND !is_page() ) { ?>
<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title(); ?>"><?php
}

if ( (is_single() OR is_page()) AND $bfa_ata_body_title != "" ) {
echo htmlentities($bfa_ata_body_title,ENT_QUOTES,'UTF-8');
} else {
if ( $bfa_ata_body_title_multi != '' )
echo htmlentities($bfa_ata_body_title_multi,ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');
else
the_title();
}

if ( !is_single() AND !is_page() ) { ?></a><?php } ?></h<?php echo $bfa_ata['h_posttitle']; ?>>
<?php echo $after;
}
}

757CoffeeNews Apr 29, 2011 08:56 AM

Additional information -- I have the same version of AT loaded on another website. I copied bfa_post_parts.php which has not been modified. It still gives me this parsing error.

juggledad Apr 29, 2011 10:08 AM

check to see if you have a caching plugin. If you replaced the code you changed, then the error should be gone, unless the pages are cached.

juggledad Apr 29, 2011 10:12 AM

rename the 'atahualpa' folder to 'atahualpaold' then rename the 'index.php' in the atahualpa folder to 'indexold.php. This should cause you to default back to the twenty-ten theme. then you can go about fixing the issue

757CoffeeNews Apr 29, 2011 10:12 AM

I used to run WP Super Cache, but have disabled it. I don't have any other that I know of, and I can't get to it even if I did -- I get this error trying to go anywhere else in the dashboard.

juggledad Apr 29, 2011 10:19 AM

send me a PM with your phone #

757CoffeeNews Apr 29, 2011 10:19 AM

Now I have control again. Thanks. I've not only deactivated WP Super Cache, I deleted it. Now what do I do?

757CoffeeNews Apr 29, 2011 11:06 AM

After much discussion off line, this problem is fixed. Can't thank juggledad enough!

See us at www.757CoffeeNews.com
Facebook 757CoffeeNews
Twitter 757CoffeeNews

juggledad Apr 29, 2011 11:11 AM

issue was caused by the 'Dublin Core for WP' plugin