Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Montezuma Theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Possible Conflict with Symlinked Directories (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=20445)

jerryc Jun 3, 2013 08:14 PM

Possible Conflict with Symlinked Directories

In doing my migration to WP with MZ just realized that MZ uses the media directory to output its CSS file. This seems to be a potential conflict with my setup.

Let me explain my setup. I'm migrating from a custom content management system to WP. I manage several sites on the same server. Since many of the sites share images, css, and functions, under each site's directory is a symlink directory pointing to a directory called "share," which includes three subdirectories, "images," "include," and "css." Each site has access to these files, and a change in one goes across all sites that use the applicable file. In my WP setup, I set the media directory as "/share/images" so that I can still share images across sites.

However I don't intend to style each site the same. If MZ is going to write its stylesheet from each site to my shared directory for all the sites, might this not cause a conflict? I still want to share images across sites. Is there an easy way to have MZ write its CSS files somewhere other than to my media directory?

Thanks,

Jerry

juggledad Jun 3, 2013 08:35 PM

when you start changing the structure under which Wordpress runs you are basically on your own. Dig into the code if you want and maybe you can find a solution.

jerryc Jun 3, 2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 101225)
when you start changing the structure under wich Wordpress runs you are basically on your own. Dig into the code if you want and maybe you can find a solution.

So, are you saying:
  • all themes write their css files to the media directory? and
  • if I want to change this, I need to change something in the wp files, not the MZ files?

juggledad Jun 3, 2013 09:10 PM

No, I'm saying since you have a non standard install of Wordpress, if you want Montezuma to work with it, you'll need to look thru the theme code to figure a way to get it to work in your unique situation.

jerryc Jun 3, 2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 101227)
No, I'm saying since you have a non standard install of Wordpress...

Other than that fact that I selected a media directory that is shared across multiple sites on my server, the WP install is standard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 101227)
... you'll need to look thru the theme code to figure a way to get it to work in your unique situation.

I understand that I could do that. Here's my question to the forum users:
Does anybody here know where in the MZ code I can set the directory where MZ writes its css file to something other than the media directory?
Thank you.