Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Header configuration & styling (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [SOLVED] Stand Alone Page with PHP Code? (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=15479)

GRF Sep 23, 2011 02:55 PM

[SOLVED] Stand Alone Page with PHP Code?

I need to add a page that has all the elements (i.e. header, widgets, footer, etc.) with custom PHP added to the center column (where post article content code goes)

I tried this code below but complains of missing functions. I'm using v3.6.4

Here is my source in my .PHP file.

<?php /* get all options: */
# error_reporting(-1);

list($bfa_ata, $cols, $left_col, $left_col2, $right_col, $right_col2, $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'], $bfa_ata['h_posttitle']) = bfa_get_options();

get_header();

extract($bfa_ata);

<!-- MY PHP CODE -->

?>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

juggledad Sep 23, 2011 03:13 PM

what functions does it say it is missing?

GRF Sep 23, 2011 06:00 PM

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bfa_get_options() in /home/tsfl/public_html/healthyweightlosssystem.net/linkpartners.php on line 4

juggledad Sep 23, 2011 06:26 PM

are you using this as a template or a pagexx.php file?

GRF Sep 23, 2011 06:35 PM

No template, just pagexx.php file.

I'm putting some link partner .php code in it and can't uses the ExecPHP plug-in because it conflicts with another plun-in I use.

juggledad Sep 23, 2011 07:30 PM

I'd have to see the exact code to be of any help

GRF Sep 23, 2011 09:31 PM

?php /* get all options: */
# error_reporting(-1);

list($bfa_ata, $cols, $left_col, $left_col2, $right_col, $right_col2, $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'], $bfa_ata['h_posttitle']) = bfa_get_options();

get_header();

extract($bfa_ata);

echo "MY PHP CODE"

?>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

juggledad Sep 24, 2011 05:26 AM

when I use that code and stick it in a file called 'page-nn.pgp' (where nn= the page ID number) it works fine - I get the message 'MY PHP CODE"

GRF Sep 24, 2011 07:08 AM

Great. You meant 'page-nn.php' not 'page-nn.pgp', correct?

But how did you get the page ID? Did you have to create a page in Wordpress to get an ID? If so, what did you call the page name in WordPress?

juggledad Sep 24, 2011 08:36 AM

(arugh...I love/hate auto correction)

I create a page and give a it a title then when you go to edit it look at the URL. You'll see at the end a post=nn the number nn is the page id.

How were you doing it?

GRF Sep 24, 2011 11:05 AM

OK. Did that to. Created a Blog Page, gave it a title, found the post id (post=422).

Did you add the PHP code in the Wordpress editor (clicking the HTML Tab)?

What did you us in the web browser to display the page where all the blog template elements displayed along with the PHP text message?

juggledad Sep 24, 2011 02:03 PM

if you want a file to run when a page shows up, you create your file page-422.php with the code you want. you put it in the theme folder (in this case the atahualpa folder) and that is the code that will be run when you go to that page.

GRF Sep 24, 2011 10:24 PM

Fantastic. It's working now. You literally meant page-#.php. I was using the name of the page I created in wordpress, lile linkpartners-422.php

As soon I get money rolling in from this blog, I'm donating funds to your PayPal account. This theme is so versatile and useful even though a little complicated to customize in certain ways.

juggledad Sep 25, 2011 04:21 AM

page naming when you want to use it like this, is controlled by WordPress
Quote:

Templates by page-ID or page-Slug
You can use different archives "page", with ID or slug in your name. Only Available with Version 2.9.

examples:

page-{id}.php
page-{slug}.php
from http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages
so you just named the php file wrong, you could have used page-422.php or page-linkpartners.php (that is if 'link partners' is the slug of the page)