Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Comments, trackbacks & pings (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   [SOLVED] Comment form not showing on pages (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=4954)

Keikurono Dec 21, 2009 02:50 AM

[SOLVED] Comment form not showing on pages

Hi, i'm new to this forum but an Atahualpa Theme user for long, first i have to say thanks for such a great theme like this one, i love it. And here is my problem.

I have just updated my blog theme from Atahualpa 3.4.2 to Atahualpa 3.4.4 and made all the changes i needed but somehow the comments form does not show up on pages as it does on posts

links to check out --> page - post

i haven't made any major changes on the comments-paged.php, just changing some of the lines to spanish ('no comments' '1 comment to' etc.) and in the Atahualpa Theme Options on the WP Dashboard the option to show comments on pages is set to 'YES' and thanks to that i can see previous comments but can't make new ones.

I have check almost everything but can't find the answer, so i hope you can help me out.

Thanks in advance

edit: i have another doubt. i have configured the footer on posts to show me if there is a comment or no. When comments are closed for an especific post the text telling ppl that can't comment is shown on "bold" format, yet i have changed everything to "normal", to check just go the the home page the first to posts have comments closed so you can see "Lo sentimos, los comentarios están cerrados" on blod instead of normal text type. I want to know how to changed it to "normal" (i hope i made myself clear). Thanks again

edit 2: Hi again, i have new info on this, i have published two new pages and the comment form is there, seems it does not appear on old pages but it does in new ones. Hope this helps.

jakc Dec 21, 2009 04:32 PM

I am afraid I cant help, but am also in the same boat.
Have been running 3.4.4 for couple of months now (love it) but need to enable users to post on specific pages = How can we do this?

Keikurono Dec 23, 2009 03:08 PM

hi again.. i would really appreciate a little help here... thanks...

lmilesw Dec 23, 2009 04:24 PM

Just to make sure. Have you made sure the "allow comments" on the pages in question is checked?

Keikurono Dec 23, 2009 07:47 PM

yes.. it is checked.. everything is set to show the comments and to allow to make new ones but the form does not show...

juggledad Dec 24, 2009 07:09 AM

The Atahualpa 'Allow comments on "Page" pages, too?' option is subject to the settings on both the 'page' and in 'settings->discuession'
1) you muse have the Atahualpa 'Allow comments on "Page" pages, too?' set to YES
2) The page must have teh 'discussion->Allow Comments.' checked
3) the page publish date must be within the timeframe specified by dashboard->settings-> discussion->'Automatically close comments on articles older than __ days' or this option must be set OFF

Keikurono Dec 24, 2009 04:06 PM

hi juggledad, thanks for your answer, i have checked the 3 things you said and:

1. the "Atahualpa allow comment on pages, too?" is set to YES

2. the page has "allow comments" checked

3. I have that option set to OFF

and still no comment form on old pages...

i have noticed something else, i switched back to Atahualpa 3.4.2 and the comment form does show on every page. Seems to me a problem on Atahualpa 3.4.4

juggledad Dec 25, 2009 04:38 AM

rename your updated 'comment-paged.php' to 'comment-paged-mine.php' and upload a fresh copy and see if you still have the issue.

over_cloud9 Dec 26, 2009 01:04 AM

I'm facing the same problem in only two of my pages but the other post and pages are normal.The 'leave a comment' box is not showing on these two links-
Home
List of RPG games and walkthroughs
I checked everything from both atahualpa option and wordpress settings.I also changed comment-paged.php to comment-paged-mine.php but it didn't help.Even few days back it was working but now I don't know what went wrong.Please help as my small blog thrives on user feedback.

jhoff Dec 26, 2009 01:27 AM

I've played with this quite a bit and it seems like if there are already comments on a "page" page, the leave a comment form will NOT appear. If there are NOT already comments, it will be there. I can for example add the first comment and the form then disappears. If I go in and delete it (the comment), it reappears. I'm running WP 2.9 - didn't try with the previous version of WP.

Oh and it all seems to work fine for post comments.

Keikurono Dec 26, 2009 01:59 AM

i have uploaded a fresh copy of the "comments-paged.php" file and still does not work, as jhoff said, on new pages or in pages without comments you can see the form..

on WP 2.9 with Athaualpa 3.4.2 used to work..

over_cloud9 Dec 26, 2009 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhoff (Post 21521)
I've played with this quite a bit and it seems like if there are already comments on a "page" page, the leave a comment form will NOT appear. If there are NOT already comments, it will be there. I can for example add the first comment and the form then disappears. If I go in and delete it (the comment), it reappears. I'm running WP 2.9 - didn't try with the previous version of WP.

Oh and it all seems to work fine for post comments.

But when people commented on those two pages,the box used to show.After a certain day it disappeared.What could be the solution then?I recently upgraded to wordpress 2.9 and the problem showed up before that.what is surprising that why is it not showing only on those two pages?there are also many pages with many comments and the leave comment box still shows.
now I discovered that this problem is occuring in another page too-Recommend new games

It seems that this box disappears after the page length reaches a certain height.because the list page is very long and the comment box disappeared after 2 comments only.whereas the home page comment box disappeared after 14 comments.

baszero Dec 27, 2009 10:06 AM

So what is the solution to this now?
Although all options are enabled for COMMENTS, the form is not appearing.

http://baszero.ch/racing/feedback/

thanks for further help!

baszero Dec 27, 2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baszero (Post 21553)
So what is the solution to this now?
Although all options are enabled for COMMENTS, the form is not appearing.

http://baszero.ch/racing/feedback/

thanks for further help!

I also just uploaded again the fresh comments php files, does not help.
I created a brand new page and enabled comments:
- the comment form appears!
- if i submit a single comment, the form disappears!
- if i delete the comment again, the form appears again!

Versions used:
- Wordpress 2.9
- Atahualpa 3.4.4

please help!!! THANKS!

philipcmadeley Dec 27, 2009 11:08 AM

I am having the same issue

Only allowing one comment on pages

http://susanmillercoaching.com/

Wordpress 2.9
Atahualpa 3.4.4

Philip Madeley

Danielwerner Dec 27, 2009 03:02 PM

Yeah, I'm having the exact same problem. :(

Danielwerner Dec 27, 2009 03:23 PM

Okay guys, I have a workaround (kind of).

1. Download the plugin "Page links to".
2. Create a new post (POST, not page), preferably with a publish date waaay back, so no one'll find it.
3. Make the old non-working page link to the single post of the new post you published, via the plugin.
4. Voila!

Not really optimal, but it works.

juggledad Dec 28, 2009 04:12 AM

Solution - see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...1593#post21593