Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Old Version fixes and change logs (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Atahualpa 3.5.3 released (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=8405)

Flynn Jul 20, 2010 05:47 PM

Atahualpa 3.5.3 released

Thanks to Paul who put the 6 fixes he found into 3.5.2 I was able to release 3.5.3 today. There was also an issue importing/resetting options in PHP versions older than 5.2
  • With the new WP3 menu system
  • Export/Import system now uses the JSON format instead of the serialized/base64_encode format used in 3.5.1
  • The reason for the change is that Wordpress.org won't list the base64_ version due to the malicious things often done with base64. Sorry I should have thought about that. base64 encoding the settings files seemed to be a quick fix for the issues many users had with the settings files.
  • Unfortunately this means that if you exported a settings file in 3.5.1 and want to import that in 3.5.3, you'd need to do some legwork: Download this zip file, extract it, rename the "uploadBASE64.php" to "upload.php" and replace the existing "upload.php" in Atahualpa 3.5.2 with it.
  • If you don't have old settings files that you want to import then you don't need to do the steps described above

Download 3.5.3 here, and there's also a list of bug fixes:

http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=94

To do for 3.5.4:

hollidaysjohn Jul 21, 2010 03:39 AM

Thanks for versions 3.5.2 and 3.5.3. I've just done the 3.5.3 upgrade and noticed a strange thing. 3.5.2 worked perfectly with the new WP 3.0 menu structure.

When I use 3.5.3 it reverts to using the pre-3.0 menu structure and, of course, without juggledad's bug fix the old menu doesn't render properly either.

Odd. I changed nothing else. And can toggle back to 3.5.2 and regain the WP 3.0 menus.

Have I missed something.

Flynn Jul 21, 2010 03:57 AM

I will check that later today

paulae Jul 21, 2010 08:12 AM

I am also having trouble with the menus. Running 3.5.3, WP 3.0. If I choose to animate the menus with Javascript, Featured Content Gallery plugin stops working. Obviously a conflict somewhere.

If I go back to the default "no" for animation, FCG starts running again.

juggledad Jul 21, 2010 11:06 AM

My error - BUGFIX 351-04 was not added to version 3.5.3, I did not test it to see if it was needed.

If you DO NOT use a new WordPress menu as the primary menu (Dashboard->Appearance->Menus->Theme Locations->Menu 1 is blank) then you will need this patch to fix the submenu issue.

If you DO use a New WordPress menu, you do not need this patch

juggledad Jul 21, 2010 11:07 AM

Paula, another plugin that prevents the animated menu from working with eithor the new WP menus or the standard menu's is the 'Universal Post Manager' plugin

hollidaysjohn Jul 21, 2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flynn (Post 37746)
I will check that later today

Found it! Sorry Flynn.

It turns out that my 3.0 menu settings had somehow changed. Theme Location -> Menu1 had lost its choice setting from the drop down. I'm sure I hadn't changed the 3.0 menu settings and I could toggle between 3.5.2 (correct) and 3.5.3. So could the upgrade to 3.5.3 caused the Menu1 to reset to blank?

juggledad Jul 21, 2010 04:10 PM

the upgrade from 3.5.2 to 3.5.3 shouldn't do anything to the Wordpress menu since it doesn't touch that option, stored in different areas.

Divya Jul 24, 2010 08:56 PM

Hi Juggledad & Flyin,
How do I animate my page and category menubar (menu1 and menu2) ? I have set Animate Page Menu Bar at ATA options as 'YES' but I cant see it working. [I have been breaking my head off with this. also tried using 'AllWebMenus WordPress Menu Plug-in but since I'm using ubantu , I couldn't install their add-in software. Also can please someone suggest me the plugins if there are any?]

I'm using ATA353. wordpress 3.0

Please help.Thanks in advance,
Divya

lmilesw Jul 24, 2010 08:59 PM

The animation doesn't currently appear to be working with 3.5.3 and WP 3. At least it doesn't for me and some others. Sorry.

juggledad Jul 25, 2010 05:06 AM

Larry, try disabling all plugins - it has to be a jquery confict

lmilesw Jul 25, 2010 06:15 AM

Duh... It didn't matter to me that much so I never went down that path. The Dynamic Content Gallery plugin was the offending party. It even had a setting in case of conflicts which fixed it as well.

What I did find though is that with animated menus on the %page-right doesn't work as mentioned in another thread. %pages and %page-center work as intended.

hircus Jul 27, 2010 07:21 AM

The theme has some alignment problems on Firefox 3.6.8 and Konqueror, on openSUSE 11.1 -- on the same machine, Atahualpa 3.4.9 looks fine.

Oddly, the alignment problem is not there with Google Chrome. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

--
Michel

http://web20.twitpic.com/img/1362887...edf58-full.png

lmilesw Jul 27, 2010 07:36 AM

If you are talking about the gray bars that is a CSS issue. The extension of the gray bars is the background image so it appears the browsers you mention are not rendering the CSS correctly. I have no problems in Opera, Chrome, IE 8, Safari, or Firefox although I can throw off the alignment in FF by using Ctrl+ to enlarge the screen content.

hircus Jul 27, 2010 07:54 AM

I am referring to the gray bars, yes. I've tried Ctrl+ and Ctrl- but nowadays they just rescale the entire page, image and font included, so the problem is still there (and would it not be a bug if enlarging the font breaks the alignment?)

I'll try on other Linux distributions to see if the problem is present there too.

juggledad Jul 27, 2010 10:40 AM

Hircus, go to ato->body text & links-> Body style and look at the 'background' CSS statement and check to see I f there is a background image. Remove it and look at your site

Divya Jul 27, 2010 11:13 AM

Thanks for replying Larry.. I appreciate it..
One more issue,
Header images does not rotate if I set "Fade in/out header images with Javascript?" to '0' . Also If I set some no. there, my blog title will disappear.. What a pain.. tried fixing it but no luck :(

juggledad Jul 27, 2010 01:10 PM

the new rotate header images over writes the blog title and tagline.

Ferd Jul 27, 2010 08:36 PM

Too bad this is such a hassle, because I have LOVED Atahualpa! I've tried upgrading to several of the recent ATA versions, but I keep going back to 3.4.6 because it works just fine for me. I don't want to spend hours sorting things out. I am running WP 3.0.

If and when we get to a plug and play version of ATA, or close to it, I'll upgrade. Meanwhile, I might have to start looking for another theme, because I do want to see what WP 3.0 has to offer.

Is there a simple instructional on how to switch from 3.4.6 to 3.5.3 without losing my site's formatting?
http://thebestparts.net

Mick Jul 27, 2010 10:44 PM

Atahualpa 3.53 is OUTSTANDING!

:)

Great job, Flynn, on the #1 WordPress Theme on Planet Earth!

Masino Sinaga Jul 28, 2010 12:33 AM

Hi,

Just want to remind you, please also update the last version information here:
http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/atahualpa

Thanks.

juggledad Jul 28, 2010 04:52 AM

Masino Sinaga, that gets updated after WordPress reviews and approves a new submission - it is the process they have setup.

Dona Jul 28, 2010 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flynn (Post 37715)
Thanks to Paul who put the 6 fixes he found into 3.5.2 I was able to release 3.5.3 today. There was also an issue importing/resetting options in PHP versions older than 5.2

Download 3.5.3 here, and there's also a list of bug fixes:

http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=94

I hope I posted this correctly - I am newbie to all this!

I have updated my Wordpress 3.0 site to Atahualpa 3.5.3 and now my site title and tagline do not appear over my image. I have all the settings correct. I am running the java script for multiple images, at 7 seconds and 2 second fade. No opacity on either side. When I refresh the web-page I see the title flash (below the pictures), but then it doesn't show again. Somehow it is hiding behind the image.

I am new to Wordpress codes and Atahualpa and HTML/CSS codes (I just downloaded my first site last week), so any assistance with this would be great. If I need to change some codes could you please tell me exactly where to find the place to make those adjustments?

lmilesw Jul 28, 2010 06:36 AM

Try turning off the fading effect Dona. I believe it currently conflicts with overlaying the blog title on the header image.

Divya Jul 28, 2010 07:52 AM

OH.. Hope it will be fixed in next release. I love Atahualpa.. Gr8 theme and I really appreciate the hard work put into it by Flyin and you guys.. Will donate when my site goes live..