Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Comments, trackbacks & pings (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   [SOLVED] Changes to the Comments Form (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=15839)

JulesG Nov 3, 2011 07:02 AM

[SOLVED] Changes to the Comments Form

Atahualpa 371 Wordpress 321

I'm trying to change the title of the Comments Form "Leave a Reply" and the content of the Submit button "Post Commment"

There are no options for these in Style & configure COMMENTS and Style Forms. How can it be done ?

URL of my work-in-progress blog: http://julesgobeil.com/wpfr/

Thanks for your help
Jules

juggledad Nov 3, 2011 07:55 AM

did you try doing a forum search?

JulesG Nov 3, 2011 10:19 AM

Yes I did a forum search. All solutions involve making changes to comments.php and I hate to go that route because these changes are lost when upgrading to a new version.

I'm trying to add the required tags in Add HTML/CSS Inserts but my knowledge of CSS is quite limited :(

Adding this doesn't work:
Code:

h3.reply, h3#reply-title {
    value: "Ajouter un commentaire";
    }

Is there a better way ?

juggledad Nov 3, 2011 01:09 PM

There is an error in comments.php which causes a PO file created from it to be incomplete skipping the translation for 'Leave A Reply'. The attached file should fix the error, but you will have to create the PO file from it to use it.

juggledad Nov 3, 2011 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oops, I accidentally uploaded the uncorrected version (sigh) here is the corrected version
Attachment 1602

I removed the 'bad' version from the previous post.

JulesG Nov 6, 2011 02:17 PM

Thanks for your help, much appreciated. It forced me to get a better understanding of this PO/MO translation thing. Unfortunately, it is not available yet for 3.7.1. No big deal, I still have a lot of work to do on this blog. I'll work on the contents for a while instead of the container. Hopefully the translation will be available by then.

Regards
Jules

7bc Dec 7, 2011 12:19 PM

Please, did you find a solution to get the text translated in the comments area.

I updated the comments.php file as said above, updated the po and mo files, but I still get "will not be published", "required" and "Post Comment" instead of french sentences.

In another blog with Atahualpa 3.4.9, I don't have this problem.

Thank you for your reply.

juggledad Dec 7, 2011 12:30 PM

7bc: what version of Atahualpa are you using? What is the URL?

7bc Dec 7, 2011 01:50 PM

I'm using last version of Atahualpa : 3.7.3

Here is the site : Gérard Vincent

juggledad Dec 7, 2011 03:00 PM

I see you have a caching plugin active. Have you flushed the cache?

7bc Dec 7, 2011 03:09 PM

I have just deactived the cache extension, and the problem remains.

7bc Dec 8, 2011 03:16 AM

Also I don't find any "Post Comment" sentence in the .PO file, in order to check whether the french translation is available.

juggledad Dec 8, 2011 06:22 AM

There is an updated pot file as of 3.7.3 here: New POT file as of version 3.7.3

7bc Dec 8, 2011 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry to be so naive, but with Poedit, it's impossible to update the PO file from the downloaded atahualpa 3.7.3 pot file
The log file is attached.

juggledad Dec 8, 2011 06:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here try this. I don't have a poeditor (on my mac) so I sort of hand constructed this. I should have fixed the errors you reported
Attachment 1662

7bc Dec 9, 2011 04:36 AM

Thank you very much, JuggleDad, it's perfect, except for the word Name. Even if it's translated in the Po file, it doesn't appear on the web.
Did I miss anything ?

juggledad Dec 9, 2011 05:14 AM

arugh... there are three places Name is used. two of them are 'Name' and one is 'Name ' and those two strings don't match...

Here is the easy fix - edit comments.php and change line 96 from
HTML Code:

'&nbsp;&nbsp;<label for="author"><strong>' . __( 'Name' ,'atahualpa') . '</strong> ' . ( $req ? __('(required)','atahualpa') : '' ) . '</label></p>',
to
HTML Code:

'&nbsp;&nbsp;<label for="author"><strong>' . __( 'Name ' ,'atahualpa') . '</strong> ' . ( $req ? __('(required)','atahualpa') : '' ) . '</label></p>',
(the change is adding a space after Name)
I'll add this to the updates for the next version

P.S. care to share your translation for others to use? Put it in the 'Languages & Translations' forum

7bc Dec 9, 2011 05:28 AM

Done and checked, it's all right. Thank you very much Juggledad.

In another thread, I guess the french designers would be happy to get the new POT or po file.

7bc Dec 9, 2011 05:29 AM

I'll share it as said in your previous post.

Thank you again.