Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Montezuma Theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   [SOLVED] Menu Icons (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=19530)

ryoung Feb 1, 2013 08:00 AM

[SOLVED] Menu Icons

I had all my menu icons setup the way I wanted them, and then I setup a 'drop down' menu and assigned the menu to the Menu 1 theme. Since I did that I have two menu icons that are just displaying the 'default' star icon. Try as I might I can't change them.

Here is the menu icon coding I'm using:
Code:

/* Part 1- for default state: */
#menu1 .page-reviews > a > i { background-position: 0px -336px; }
#menu1 .page-landman-books > a > i { background-position: 0px -2112px; }
#menu1 .page-jobs > a > i { background-position: 0px -1272px; }
#menu1 .page-advertise-with-us > a > i { background-position: 0px -888px; }
#menu1 .page-contact-us > a > i { background-position: 0px -96px; }
/* Part 2 - for hover state: */
#menu1 .page-reviews:hover > a > i, #menu1 .page-reviews.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -336px; }
#menu1 .page-landman-books:hover > a > i, #menu1 .page-landman-books.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -2112px; }
#menu1 .page-jobs:hover > a > i, #menu1 .page-jobs.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -1272px; }
#menu1 .page-advertise-with-us:hover > a > i, #menu1 .page-advertise-with-us.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -888px; }
#menu1 .page-contact-us:hover > a > i, #menu1 .page-contact-us.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -96px; }

The url is www.landmaninsider.com\

Any suggestions on how to make them display the correct icon?

lmilesw Feb 1, 2013 08:18 AM

It looks like you have a caching plugin. The first step is to clear the cache to see if that is the issue.

ryoung Feb 1, 2013 08:21 AM

I'm using W3, and I've emptied the W3 cache, and also locally just for safe measure.

The menu icons worked as intended before I setup the drop down menu.

edit: firebug shows that it isn't setting background-position for the menu items?

juggledad Feb 1, 2013 08:32 AM

what is the class you assigned to the job custom menu item?

ryoung Feb 1, 2013 08:34 AM

I haven't assigned any class in the menu settings? (title attribute???) The actual page is just setup to redirect to jobs.landmaninsider.com -- which hasn't thrown problems before. :(

ryoung Feb 1, 2013 08:42 AM

I did a quick test, and when I set the Menu 1 in theme location to blank then it reverts to the 'normal' menu and the icons work.

When I turn on the Menu 1 in theme location then it doesn't work.

I'm not sure if this can narrow down the issue or not...

ryoung Feb 1, 2013 09:10 AM

OK! Fixed it! Since I was redirecting the page to a subdomain URL, I needed to not call the 'page' and add a custom URL in the Menu setup. That corrected the issue. So apparently it just doesn't play nice with a "Page Links To" plugin I was using before I started using the custom menu setup.