Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Old Version fixes and change logs (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   BUGFIX 351-04: Fix sub-menu padding with WordPress 3.0 (needed in 352/353 also) (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7654)

juggledad Jun 18, 2010 10:55 AM

BUGFIX 351-04: Fix sub-menu padding with WordPress 3.0 (needed in 352/353 also)

1 Attachment(s)
This Fix is needed for version 3.5.2 and 3.5.3 if you are NOT using a new WordPress menu

If you use this fix, think about donating to me, I've just spent several hours figuring this issue out and coming up with the fix. Sending me a donation will encourage me to continue to support Atahualpa.
You can use the 'Donate to Juggledad' button on the donate page

DESCRIPTION: WordPress 3.0 has added new code for menus. This new code causes a problem with Atahualpa's generating of CSS to handle the Atahualpa page menus when dealing with sub-pages.

CAUSE: This issue occurs because WordPress now adds a class='children' to the <ul> of all sub-pages which causes a test in Atahualpa to fail and then the correct CSS class is not assigned the the <ul>

NOTE - This fix does not change the fact that the new WordPress Menus are not supported by Atahualpa 3.5.1 - that will have to wait until Flynn updates the code in a future release.

FIX: This fix removes the class='children' allowing Atahualpa to work as normal. Unzip the attached file and replace the existing bfa_hor_pages.php. This fix will not cause any issues with WordPress 2.9.2
Attachment 545

symarch Jun 18, 2010 02:11 PM

works! THANK YOU

mlanger Jun 18, 2010 06:46 PM

Works like a charm. Thanks!

rapamatic Jun 18, 2010 06:49 PM

Works great. Thanks for the speedy fix!

Shepherd Jim Jun 19, 2010 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 34748)
[color="Teal"]If you use this fix, think about donating to me, ...<snip>...

NOTE - This fix does not change the fact that the new WordPress Menus are not supported by Atahualpa 3.5.1 - that will have to wait until Flynn updates the code in a future release.
...<snip>..

Hey J'Dad!

Thank you for the very smooth fix! Fast work on your part. I'm on my way over to PayPal! :)

Have you had any input from Flynn as to how big a job it'll be (read: how long will it take?) to "absorb" the new WP 3.0 menu stuff?

When I heard people discussing the new "Woo" menus being introduced in this latest WP update I had a feeling that Atahualpa might have some trouble with them.

Thanks again! I'm making a donation your direction and then it's OFF TO BED!

Shepherd Jim, a woodturning shepherd, NOT a css/php programmer.

smitp11 Jun 19, 2010 12:14 PM

Works like a charm. Thank you for your time, hopefully this fix will get rolled up into the next release.

Patrick.
http://www.myfallriver.ca

wedged Jun 20, 2010 04:33 AM

Thank you very much. Works well.

Grum Jun 20, 2010 08:53 AM

Nice one Juggledad. Paypal donated!

Grum Jun 20, 2010 01:28 PM

Supplemental - I've just checked the site in IE8 and although it's fixed the menus when you mouse over the parent, I'm still getting that white space beside the submenus when you run down the menu items. I hadn't done that before so didn't notice it. Did I see a mention of supercache somewhere - could that be causing it?

Apart from that, the upgrade to WP3.0 and Ata 3.5.1 went a lot smoother than I expected - whew!

Grum
westerngeomancy.org

juggledad Jun 20, 2010 06:15 PM

Grum, I don't see your menu going down two levels. Where is this problem showing up?

Grum Jun 21, 2010 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 34931)
Grum, I don't see your menu going down two levels. Where is this problem showing up?

It's in the page menu bar at the top - when you mouse over the two items that have sub-menus and run down the list, you get white space appearing to the right of some of the menu items.

**update - I just managed to solve this by increasing the width of the width of the sub menus from 11 to 14.

juggledad Jun 21, 2010 03:55 AM

Grum,
it's also a side effect of the Animated' menu java script, seems IE doesn't like it very much (and why doesn't that suprise me at all?)

kimann.wagner Jun 22, 2010 07:52 PM

THANKS. Made a donation.

gold fox Jun 25, 2010 05:35 PM

Does this solution also fix the problem that the parent pages in the menu while set to not link in Atahualpa, are linking now to blank pages?

Thanks so much for your time!

PabloMu Jun 26, 2010 11:59 AM

Juggledad, thanks as always for the quick and effective support, this fix works great! I'll donate soon.

juggledad Jun 26, 2010 12:34 PM

gold fox, did you try it and have a problem? I'm not seeing an issue

gold fox Jun 28, 2010 05:22 PM

JD: Yes, in the Page Menu Bar settings there is a place where you can set it to "YES" for "Don't link first level parent items in Page Menu Bar"

It worked fine before, but after I upgraded to WP 3.0, now it links anyway, and takes you to the blank page. Is anyone else having this problem?

thanks, GF

lmilesw Jun 28, 2010 07:53 PM

I'm not having that problem.

juggledad Jun 29, 2010 05:38 AM

gold fox, do an export of your settings and attach them to a reply so I can take a look. I can't reproduce this

iPuppet Jun 30, 2010 06:25 PM

Have a great trip, and a drink on me. Thanks for the help, Juggledad!

alleyoopster Jun 30, 2010 10:32 PM

Great, thank you

apalmer123 Jul 1, 2010 06:45 PM

Thanks, this fixed the width of the sub-menu items on IE (I'm using 7.0) so that the configuration setting for width was used. But it caused problems in Firefox and Safari. The sub-menu items are still the width of the parent causing word-wrap and in addition only the first 10% of the field was shaded the correct color, regardless of the width of the text...

I've left it up at: http://www.fishermanbayproject.org/

juggledad Jul 1, 2010 07:18 PM

On the Mac or PC? I wrote this on safari on the mac
Do you have any CSS inserts?

apalmer123 Jul 1, 2010 07:33 PM

Thanks for your quick response!
I am using a PC (Vista with IE 7.0) and have looked at it with Firefox and Safari on the PC, but have also looked at it on a MacBook -- same problem in Safari.
I have no CSS inserts.
Wordpress 3.0, Atahualpa 3.5.1

juggledad Jul 2, 2010 04:06 AM

Do an export of your style (ato->Export/Import->Export) and attach it to a reply - use the paperclip icon.