Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Languages & Translations (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Translating Atahualpa 3 - Please read before translating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=82)

Flynn Dec 28, 2008 06:08 AM

Translating Atahualpa 3 - Please read before translating

Please send your .mo plus the .po file to the email that is included in atahualpa.pot along with URL & name for a credit link, or attach it in a post here in this thread

The .po file will not be included with the theme but I need it to do small changes if i.e. line numbers change in a new Atahualpa version.

PoEdit might throw an error related to "% comments to" while you try to save the result but it should work regardless if you just ignore that and save the file. I'll try to fix that annoyance in the next release.

If you're unsure as to how to name your file (Example: de_DE.po for German) see http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Localization for a list of language abbreviations.

Please put your .mo file into /wp-content/themes/atahualpa3/ on your Wordpress installation and test it in a blog in the respective language, i.e. do plurals and dates work?

Post in this thread if you started working on translation, so others don't work on the same language.

Already available:
  • German: de_DE.mo
  • Hungarian - Magyar: hu_HU.mo
  • Czech: cz_CZ.mo
  • Portuguese: pt_PT.mo
  • Slovenian: si_SI.mo (new)
  • Turkish: tr_TR.mo (new)
  • French: fr_FR.mo (new)
  • French (Altern. version): fr_FR_2.mo (new)
  • Polish: pl_PL.mo (new)
  • Dutch: nl_NL.mo (new)
  • Bulgarian: bg_BG.mo (new)
  • Italian: it_IT.mo (new)
  • Vietnamese: vi.mo (new)
  • Japanese: ja_JP.mo (new)
  • Japanese (Altern. version): ja_JP_2.mo (new)
  • Spanish: es_ES.mo (new)
  • Swedish: (new) will be added in 3.2.1
  • Norwegian: (new) will be added in 3.2.1
  • Russian: (new) will be added in 3.2.1
  • Arabic: (new) will be added in 3.2.1
Please include an URL somewhere, either in the .po file or in your Forum profile, or post/PM it, so I can give you a credit link in the release post.

UPDATE for 3.2: Dear translators, I've updated all .mo/.po files to match 3.2 myself, there's no need to update your files for 3.2. I will however localize the default terms in the Theme Options ("Home", "Category", "Tags", "One Comment".......) for one of the next versions, and once that is done, it would be good if you could create new .po/.mo files.

chris Dec 28, 2008 06:53 AM

German translation is done. As far as I can see it is only for the frontend. A long with that de_DE.mo File you will need to modify some fields within the backend for the post footers for example.

FYGureout Dec 28, 2008 10:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hungarian translate is done. :)

I attached hu_HU.po and hu_HU.mo files, and here is our site with Atahualpa3 (first trying - the English version is an other theme yet).

Best regards! :)

P.S.: I found an error in original atahualpa3.pot file:

Code:

#: comments-paged.php:29
#: comments.php:22
#: legacy.comments.php:26
#, php-format
msgid "%s comments to "
msgstr ""

I think with the read "s" is right. ;)

Flynn Dec 28, 2008 12:09 PM

Thanks a lot. I will include it in the next version.

As for the %, Wordpress wants it that way in the template, %s might work for PoEdit but I am not sure if would work in the theme (for Wordpress) as well

Pepawo Dec 30, 2008 01:59 AM

Czech translation is OK. You can see my web.

Pepawo Dec 30, 2008 02:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are Czech lang files. Sorry the string "%comments to" cannot be translated (if I try it I'll get a fatal error in PoEdit). Josef

Flynn Jan 5, 2009 04:39 PM

Thank you, Pepawo

There should be a space between % and comments, like so:
PHP Code:

comments to 

You mistyped that here in your post I guess?

Yes it currently throws one error related to % comments when saving the file but if you ignore that and you save your .po file anyway does the resulting .mo file work on a blog in czech language?

Post updated

Pepawo Jan 6, 2009 04:56 AM

Sorry I misstyped in post, really. Of course original sequence is OK with space. Just I am testing if Fatal error is problem or not. Will reply...

Pepawo Jan 6, 2009 05:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, as you supposed, there is not problem if PO file is saved with that fatal error:
cs_CZ.po:49: 'msgstr' is not a valid PHP format string, unlike 'msgid'. Reason: In the directive number 1, the character 'k' is not a valid conversion specifier (id I translated % comments as % komentářů). Anyway it is not well translated of course, because Czech need to have 2 plurals:
2,3,4 komentáře but 5,6,7 and more (a více) komentářů. The only __ngettext should give the right strings to translate. At moment I translated this string as [%] - komentáře k... vhich give me the same fatal error (char ']'....) but is usable. Not perfect of course. Actualized zip is included.

bergonzzi Jan 8, 2009 04:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all,

Here's the portuguese translation.
I'm using it in my company's blog but it's not online yet.

Flynn Jan 8, 2009 09:53 AM

Thank you, bergonzzi

I am adding it to the next release

megu Jan 23, 2009 03:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Turkish frontend translation is finished for version 3.1.8. It would take a lot more time to finish translating Admin Options...

Here is how it looks: Mental Masturbasyon

Flynn Jan 23, 2009 05:22 PM

Thank you, Megu. I'll add it to the next version.

Tomne Jan 23, 2009 05:36 PM

I'm working on the french version, but hum, I have a 3.1.9 version, found here.

So there's some changes for the line ~175 :

Code:

msgid "<strong>XHTML:</strong> You can use these tags:"
has to be
Code:

msgid "You can use %1$sthese HTML tags</a>"
And the second problem, that I haven't solve is (Line ~215):
Code:

msgid "<br />Powered by %1$sWordPress</a> &middot; %2$sWordPress Themes</a> by BFA"
that should be different. (On my website, the footer displays "Powered by WordPress · Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll" so I thought there was a %3$s, but it doesn't work at all.)

Flynn Jan 23, 2009 05:59 PM

Sorry about that, I have to update the atahualpa.pot file. But you can just use the existing atahualpa.pot that you have and I'll correct those 2 issues myself after you've sent me your .mo/.po files.

Both 3.1.8 and 3.1.9 have the slightly outdated atahualpa.pot file.

The 3.1.9 that Wordpress.org hosts has a default style set for sticky posts whereas 3.1.8 has none set (but 3.1.8 is also fully prepared for sticky posts). A very small difference for which I didn't publish an update here on my site.

I'll bring everything (the atahualpa.pot and the small 3.1.8-3.1.9 difference) up to date in 3.2

Tomne Jan 23, 2009 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is.

Flynn Jan 23, 2009 07:26 PM

Thank you, Tomne. I'll add it to the next version. Please post or PM me a link title and URL for a credit link in the next release post.

Wolforg Jan 24, 2009 05:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, and congratulations for this splendid job :)
I've translated Atahualpa 3 today in french.

Fell free to do what you want with it

Flynn Jan 24, 2009 05:11 AM

Thank you, Wolforg. There's already a french translation. I'll add yours as a second, alternative version.

Wolforg Jan 24, 2009 05:25 AM

Thanks to you Flynn. I think there is obligatory few variations between these two translations but "more better than less" isn't it? ;)

Agard Jan 27, 2009 03:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Polish frontend translation is finished for version 3.1.9: Attachment 15

Note:
atahualpa.pot don't contain all phrases from Atahualpa theme in version 3.1.9.

Based on code I change in my pl_PL.po file entry:
Code:

#: comments-paged.php:200
#: comments.php:214
#: legacy.comments.php:202
msgid "Mail (will not be published) "
msgstr ""

to
Code:

#: comments-paged.php:201
#: legacy.comments.php:202
msgid "Mail (will not be published) "
msgstr ""

#: comments.php:214
msgid "Mail</strong> (will not be published) "
msgstr ""

and add entry:
Code:

#: comments-paged.php:214
#: comments.php:227
#: legacy.comments.php:215
msgid "You can use %1$sthese HTML tags</a>"
msgstr ""

Phrase "Powered by ..." in footer is hardcoded in file atahualpa/functions.php[function footer_output()].
Meybe in future version you move this phrase to .pot file ...

Flynn Jan 27, 2009 06:12 AM

Thank you, Agard. I'll add it to the next release. You're right the .pot file needs to updated for the next release.

josjojo Jan 28, 2009 04:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have made a dutch translation. See attachment for po + mo.

Edit:
New Dutch translation can be found here.

Flynn Jan 28, 2009 04:56 AM

Thanks, josjojo. Will add it to the next release. In case it is not included in your files, please post or PM me a URL/link title for a credit link in the release post

(Other translators, too: Make sure there's a URL somewhere, either in the .po file, or in your Forum profile here, or post/PM it, so I can give you a credit link)

v.dimitroff Jan 28, 2009 06:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,
bulgarian translation is ready. PLease find the attached zip file Attachment 17.
Best Regards
Veselin Dimitrov