Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Can't put quotes in any of my posts-Help (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=6293)

animalcommunicator Mar 15, 2010 03:17 PM

Can't put quotes in any of my posts-Help

Hi I am trying to write a post with the title
Do Animals Say "I'm Sorry?"
the only thing that shows up is Do Animals Say.
and it stays that way, I can change the title to "what the heck?" for example
and it will still read "Do Animals Say" I am about to lose my mind!
can someone, anyone please help
thanks

Grum Mar 16, 2010 08:20 AM

Well I'm no expert on this as I'm pretty new at it myself, but I think you have two issues here. The quotation marks thing sounds like the problem I was having yesterday and I found help here. The name change thing is (I think) because you also need to change the name in the 'atahualpa page options' and 'custom fields' areas as well.

animalcommunicator Mar 16, 2010 08:40 AM

Hi thanks for the help but the link oyu sent just brings me back to my original thread.
So I still need help with"quotes" not showing up in post titles:(

juggledad Mar 16, 2010 06:48 PM

what version of Atahualpa and WP?
I just put that title in a post and it works fine ( wp 2.9.2 and Atahualpa 3.4.6)

animalcommunicator Mar 18, 2010 09:38 AM

Thanks for the help I'm using the same Word Press 2.9.2. and Atahualpa 3.4.6
so I just made a post and put in this title
This is a test for "quotes" for Annie's blog

then I hit save and then previewed it and yes it did come up
BUT if you then go in and just change a word in the title, then preview the post
I only get
This is a test for (it cuts off everything else after the "for")
it cut's off the title
and know matter what I type after it, it will not change still keeps the original "this is a test for..."
Could you try it and see if you get the same.
Maybe it is something to do with a plug in I have
thanks for the help ahead of time

JeffQ Apr 9, 2010 02:52 AM

Quote:

need to change the name in the 'atahualpa page options' and 'custom fields' areas as well
That's correct. It is an annoying new "feature." It is nice to be able to override the post title in certain contexts, but it should be an option. If you don't publish or save the post as a draft, the alternate page title won't change.

Atahualpa 3.4.6 and the few versions before it overrides the automatic smart quotes and dashes function in WordPress/TinyMCE and makes all quotes as straight quotes and all dashes as successive hyphens. Either Atahualpa should allow the automatic conversion to happen or allow the title override to be disabled.

If you make any edits to a post remember to delete the Atahualpa post title options before pressing publish or draft.

juggledad Apr 14, 2010 07:05 AM

If you are using the Atahualpa SEO option, try the fix in http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...9828#post29828

smitheringale Oct 14, 2010 05:44 AM

Make sure right inner sidebar is disabled in ATO (atahualpa theme options)

This will cut off part of your posts if you try to extend the body area larger than default...

Quote:

Originally Posted by animalcommunicator (Post 27962)
Thanks for the help I'm using the same Word Press 2.9.2. and Atahualpa 3.4.6
so I just made a post and put in this title
This is a test for "quotes" for Annie's blog

then I hit save and then previewed it and yes it did come up
BUT if you then go in and just change a word in the title, then preview the post
I only get
This is a test for (it cuts off everything else after the "for")
it cut's off the title
and know matter what I type after it, it will not change still keeps the original "this is a test for..."
Could you try it and see if you get the same.
Maybe it is something to do with a plug in I have
thanks for the help ahead of time

juggledad Oct 14, 2010 07:20 AM

smitheringale - your post is misleading.

By using the 'inner' sidebars, you just reduce the size of the center area. The center area (where the posts go) is dynamically calculated by the page width minus the sizes of the sidebars. With a fixed page width, making the sidebars narrower (in the sidebar options) will cause the center area to become bigger.

Having a narrow center area will not 'cut off' your posts, they will end up narrow and long,. Images may be cut off it they can't fit in the space provided