Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Center area post/pages (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Post pages are missing (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5415)

SavvyBaker Jan 20, 2010 05:20 PM

Post pages are missing

I no longer have a Front page or Home page with posts. I can only view my posts through sidebar widgets or an Archives page.

Selecting Settings>Readings>Front page displays>Your latest posts = a "Not Found Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here." message displaying on the home/front page.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help with this. I've been trying to fix it for almost two weeks now.

Many thanks to anyone willing to look into this,

SavvyBaker

:confused:

juggledad Jan 20, 2010 06:53 PM

What version of atahualpa and WP are you running
You have something messed up. Did you add something at ato->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->HTML Inserts: Body Tag? If so remove it.

It looks like some html/css for something 'fpb_media' is causing the problem. If you have a plugin for this, deactivate it. If you added code in for it, remove it.

SavvyBaker Jan 20, 2010 07:32 PM

Hello, and thanks for looking into this! I'm running Atahualpa 3.4.4 on the most current version of WP.

I have not knowingly changed anything in the add HTML/body tag. Based upon your input, I just removed an fpb plugin that I wasn't even using, but that didn't seem to help.

Any other recommendations?

SavvyBaker Jan 20, 2010 08:24 PM

Uh-oh.

Although it was fine, I just noticed that my other Atahualpa blog is now experiencing a similar problem, though it is not fully affected yet. It does not display the Not Found error (yet), but it has stopped showing the most recent posts on the home/front page. Currently, the first post is from a few days ago (1/15) instead of the two I've posted since then (which appear in the Recent Posts sidebar). This site never had the fpb plug-in I removed from the other.

TipsnTidbits

Although I haven't made a dime on either of these sites yet, I will happily contribute to your PayPal account if you can figure out the problem.

juggledad Jan 21, 2010 07:24 AM

TipsnTidbits looks fine, but there is still something wrong with the other site.

I would disable all the plugins and look at the site. If the posts start showng, I;d add the plugins back in one or two at a time and check the site till it messes up. Then you would know which pugin is causing an issue.

SavvyBaker Jan 21, 2010 10:06 AM

Well, that did the trick. (Hooray!)

After deleting about 10 plugins, I found out that Sidebar Photoblog was the culprit. It's one I really liked and had recently added to TipsnTidbits. Removing that from both sites restored my latest posts to the front/home page.

Thank you! :)

PS - If you have any "safe" photo plugins to recommend for sidebar use, I'm all ears.