Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Page & Category Menu Bars (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Add new post in New Page (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=415)

Hansuke Feb 16, 2009 09:45 PM

Add new post in New Page

I was wondering if we are able to do that ? the "Add new page" now only allow a single post, i want to add new post in the new page like the "main page" ....

is there a widget for it or something ?

Flynn Feb 18, 2009 05:09 PM

Please explain again, I did not understand this

i8u Mar 7, 2009 04:52 AM

I have the same problem. I think i know what he want to do.
It is possible to have several pages. But how do You add posts to the new pages? All my posts get on the "home" page.
I want to add posts both on home and on the other pages I have added.

Flynn Mar 7, 2009 04:58 AM

You would need a plugin for that http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/page2cat/

i8u Mar 7, 2009 03:18 PM

I think that will do the trick.

Flynn Mar 7, 2009 03:30 PM

This plugin should work without template edits if you have Atahualpa 3.2

docran Mar 23, 2009 09:16 PM

If I add a new post in a page. Is the page name will displayed before the post name ?

tationline Apr 8, 2009 08:38 AM

Hello,

first of all, thanks for the great theme!!!

I am looking for a similar function and I am not sure, if the page2cat plugin will help me.

I have set up my blog (WP 2.7.1) the following way: I created pages in my blog, so that I have them as separate navigation items in the header (it looks like: Home, Page1, Page2, etc.).
What I want to do now is to create posts on the pages. When I create posts, there is no way to select the page, where my post should appear ... which I learned is the normal WP behavior. The posts always appear on the "Home" page.

I installed the page2cat plugin, but I still cannot create posts on pages.
Is there any way, so that you can chose the destination page where a post should appear (e.g. "publish post on page X")? When writing this, I am not even sure if this is more a theme- or WPcore related thing ... :-)

As an alternate way I also tried to use a category bar in the header rather than the page bar. I am not very happy with this, because all posts appear when opening the blog, even if they do not belong to the Home category. I also have the feeling, that using categories as navigation items will have a bigger impact on performance, because the system has to crawl through each document and its associated categories. But my feeling might be wrong, as I do not have enough experience with Wordpress.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Regards,
tationline

Flynn Apr 8, 2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docran (Post 3493)
If I add a new post in a page. Is the page name will displayed before the post name ?

Yes it should

Flynn Apr 8, 2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tationline (Post 4502)
Hello,

first of all, thanks for the great theme!!!

I am looking for a similar function and I am not sure, if the page2cat plugin will help me.

I have set up my blog (WP 2.7.1) the following way: I created pages in my blog, so that I have them as separate navigation items in the header (it looks like: Home, Page1, Page2, etc.).
What I want to do now is to create posts on the pages. When I create posts, there is no way to select the page, where my post should appear ... which I learned is the normal WP behavior. The posts always appear on the "Home" page.

I installed the page2cat plugin, but I still cannot create posts on pages.
Is there any way, so that you can chose the destination page where a post should appear (e.g. "publish post on page X")? When writing this, I am not even sure if this is more a theme- or WPcore related thing ... :-)

As an alternate way I also tried to use a category bar in the header rather than the page bar. I am not very happy with this, because all posts appear when opening the blog, even if they do not belong to the Home category. I also have the feeling, that using categories as navigation items will have a bigger impact on performance, because the system has to crawl through each document and its associated categories. But my feeling might be wrong, as I do not have enough experience with Wordpress.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Regards,
tationline

The Page2Cat allows you to connect Pages with (Posts of certain) Categories. It'll let you display XX posts, that are filed under category YY, on page ZZ. And the other way around: It also lets you add the content of page XX on top of the category page YY (which lists all posts in that category)

everybodylies Dec 1, 2010 11:55 AM

I added this plugin, but my selected posts show up only as post-titles in a bulleted list.

How can I get the posts to be shown fully?

Also - Can I choose not to show these posts on the firstpage?

juggledad Dec 1, 2010 06:11 PM

page2cat is an old abandoned plugin. I would not recommend using it. There is a template in the gold forum you can use to craft a query and have it as a page template on any page.