Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   [SOLVED] Number of Post (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2591)

dee Jul 22, 2009 04:18 PM

[SOLVED] Number of Post

I can't change the number of post to show only 10 post per page. Is there a fix somewhere. Right now my blog is showing at least 20 or more postings. I spoke with my host this morning and they told me that is the reason why my site was loading very slow.

Is there someway to hide the tags under the post and they would be only visible if the post is read full summary. :p

Thanks

juggledad Jul 22, 2009 05:36 PM

see WP Dashboard->Settings->Reading->Blog pages show at most __ posts

dee Jul 22, 2009 10:28 PM

That setting has stop working on my blog...I had it set at 7 post.

juggledad Jul 23, 2009 05:12 AM

what version of wp and Atahualpa?
Are you displaying full posts or excerpts?

dee Jul 23, 2009 05:17 AM

I am using WP 2.8.2 and showing excerpts. By the way I finally figured out how to remove tags from showing on the blog post. I had to keep re-reading the information because at first it all looked the same to me. I am not sure what to with the blank entries but I figure that out later.

I have never had this much control over my theme before using your fabulous theme.

juggledad Jul 23, 2009 05:34 AM

it's Flynn's theme, I just help out answering questions.

1) What version of Atahualpa?
2) What have you got set at dashboard->settings->reading->Blog pages show at most x posts?
3) what do you have set at
-- ATO->Configure EXCERPTS->Posts or excerpts on HOME page?
-- ATO->Configure EXCERPTS->Show the first X posts on HOME page as full posts?

dee Jul 23, 2009 06:23 AM

it's Flynn's theme, I just help out answering questions.

1) What version of Atahualpa? v3.42
2) What have you got set at dashboard->settings->reading->Blog pages show at most x posts? 7 post
3) what do you have set at
-- ATO->Configure EXCERPTS->Posts or excerpts on HOME page? Excerpts
-- ATO->Configure EXCERPTS->Show the first X posts on HOME page as full posts? excerpts

juggledad Jul 23, 2009 07:33 AM

try switching to the default theme and see if it ignores the dashboard->settings->reading->Blog pages show at most x posts? setting

I can't reproduce this at this point

dee Jul 23, 2009 08:02 AM

I did everything that you have advised. One last question concerning post: Could it be that the number of post are not showing because I used sticky on at least 35 post entries. I kept re-reading the question why do I use sticky? Well, I check all of the edit post and there are at least 35 post that have sticky attached to them. When I go to my 4th page of my blog...the 7 post are consistent from there. Should I go back and take sticky off of the post? :p:):p

dee Jul 23, 2009 08:21 AM

juggledad, you actually had a fix for my comment problem the first time you answered my question. It was the sticky attached to at at least 35 posting that kept showing up on my front page. Go figure...it is fixed. Thanks for the help...I will be back! :):p;) Hoooooray!