Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Atahualpa Error Somewhere with JavaScript (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=16053)

GJIA Nov 21, 2011 07:12 PM

Atahualpa Error Somewhere with JavaScript

Hey everyone,

Thanks so much for such a great theme! I am hoping to continue using Atahualpa, however I need to get past one problem first. I am using a plugin called SlideDeck and it has been generating an error with the Atahualpa theme. You can see the error on this page: http://journal.georgetown.edu/homepage. Debugging the page, apparently the theme (because I don't get this error when I revert to the default theme; disabling all of my plugins does not prevent the error from occurring) is causing one of the jQuery functions to not be recognized. The plugin developers redirected me to you guys, and I would greatly appreciate any help you may have! I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Have a great night,
Jeff

lmilesw Nov 21, 2011 10:39 PM

I'm not sure what's happening on your site. I installed and added a slider to a page and all worked fine. What version of Atahualpa and WordPress are you on?

GJIA Nov 21, 2011 10:59 PM

Thanks for your reply! I am on WordPress 3.2.1 and Atahualpa 3.7.1. Could it have to do with jQuery? I've read a lot about that and am unsure if my site's code reflects an accurate instance of jQuery. I appreciate your help.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,
Jeff

lmilesw Nov 22, 2011 06:48 AM

I am not sure how to troubleshoot as it works fine for me. Perhaps it has something to do with the content of the slider. What is throwing me off is that you said it worked with the Twenty Eleven theme.

GJIA Nov 22, 2011 09:46 AM

Thanks for your reply! The content of the slider is perfectly normal in terms of how the code is supposed to be used. Does anything about the errors I've attached tell you anything? I'm quite perplexed, and I would really like to know why this function is turning up undefined. Many thanks!

lmilesw Nov 22, 2011 12:18 PM

Where did you get that screenshot from?

GJIA Nov 22, 2011 12:22 PM

Safari's Developer mode --> Show Error Console

Thanks!

lmilesw Nov 22, 2011 12:52 PM

I do not see any errors on my test installation and do see them on yours. The page also does not look right. When you view in Twenty Eleven does the page render properly?

GJIA Nov 22, 2011 01:11 PM

Yes it does render properly when I view it in any theme other than Atahualpa. What could the problem be? I would really like to continue using Atahualpa, but it's really necessary that this SlideDeck renders properly. This seems to be very odd. I appreciate any and all advice -- thanks again.

juggledad Nov 22, 2011 01:14 PM

Are you using the free or pro version?

GJIA Nov 22, 2011 01:17 PM

I'm not sure which component you're specifically referring to, but I'm pretty sure we're on the free version of most appliances.

juggledad Nov 22, 2011 01:33 PM

I was asking about the plugin

GJIA Nov 22, 2011 01:34 PM

Yes, I'm using the free version.

juggledad Nov 22, 2011 02:20 PM

You are going to have to document your settings, I don't get teh same error. The code showing the error is at teh end of the page and that doesn't show up when I use it, so At this point without access to the site, a copy of it or the exact steps you took to install and customize it, there is not much I can do.

GJIA Nov 22, 2011 02:36 PM

Of course, I understand you. It's important to me that this bug gets fixed, so I'm willing to work with you to figure out what's causing the problem. To start, I've documented the source code (with WordPress's debug-mode enabled) with the bug (in Atahualpa) and without the bug (using the default theme). Please let me know if this helps, and if not, from where else we could try to start isolating the problem. Thanks!

juggledad Nov 22, 2011 03:14 PM

Try saving those file with a text editor, not a wordprocessor. The are showing up as if they are RTF fiels.

GJIA Nov 22, 2011 03:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am seeing those as .txt files that I saved through a text editor (Mac TextEdit) -- the forum rejected the upload as .html files too. Here's another attempt!

juggledad Nov 22, 2011 04:51 PM

I need to know how you created your slider show. I put one in a page and it works fine, so it has to be some setting in the plugin and hte whay you created your show.

GJIA Nov 25, 2011 08:05 PM

I haven't set up a show that is too out of the ordinary -- it's just two images that I set up as a test. It works fine in "Preview" mode from the SlideDeck menu, but then not past there. If it's of any consolation, I also have installed the plugin "WordPress Popular Posts" which has not actualized any data yet. Any assistance would be much appreciated! Thanks and happy Thanksgiving!

GJIA Nov 28, 2011 01:04 PM

Hello,

The other plugin I have installed has begun to actualize data. There is simply a problem with Atahualpa and SlideDeck. I am very eager to solve this problem. I appreciate any and all help. Thank you!

juggledad Nov 28, 2011 01:24 PM

without knowing how you created your slide show - step by step instructions - I can't help. There are too many possible situations and the one I tried works fine.

So, please provide a detailed script of what you do to create teh issue and make sure to test it so you recreate teh problem at will. If you can provide that, then I might be able to help you.