Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Montezuma Theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   [SOLVED] Trouble with autoposting thumbnail feature (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=19719)

ultracompetnet Feb 24, 2013 07:24 PM

[SOLVED] Trouble with autoposting thumbnail feature

New to wordpress and new to the montezuma theme, so my apologies in advance if this is a very newbie question.

I just installed a new wordpress site, and selected the montezuma theme. I've only made one modification I found here at this forum to remove the -> arrows from the social link icons I included from jetpack.

I can't seem to get the autopost of a thumbnail to work correctly. My site seems to just point a broken image link on the homepage. I saw someone else having this problem here as well, and they fixed it by changing the permissions on the upload directory. I tried that and tried to resubmit the post and a new test post, but still didn't fix my issue. It appears that no thumbnail is being generated when I post and that's what's causing the link on the main page to fail.

Any ideas? My site is ultracompetent.com if you need to see what's going on. (Unfortunately I'm not yet ultracompetent with wordpress) ;)

juggledad Feb 24, 2013 07:52 PM

temporallary swap to twenty-twelve and see if the image shows.

for what ever reason, the full path to your image does not exist, it doesn't point to an image.

Make sure your post has a featured image associated to it and the path is good.

ultracompetnet Feb 24, 2013 07:58 PM

Thanks for the help,

I switched back to twenty-twelve and the image showed. (It was not a featured image). So I added the image as a featured image and I had two copies one above the title and one it the post. I removed the one from the post to just leave the one in the title.

Then I switched back to montezuma, now the post shows no image, (Montezuma seems to not be showing any featured images on my site).

juggledad Feb 24, 2013 08:05 PM

have you looked at PATCH 113-01? (a sticky at the top of this forum.)

ultracompetnet Feb 24, 2013 08:11 PM

I just applied it and the site looks a little different, still has a broken image link though. My post currently has a featured image and a image in the post itself. (The featured image does not display when you view the post, however the image in the post does). When I switch it over to twenty-twelve both images display (Featured and inpost image)

ultracompetnet Feb 24, 2013 09:55 PM

So for the time being I just removed the bfa_thumb() from my template to avoid the broken image link. Otherwise this is a very nice template.

juggledad Feb 25, 2013 03:02 AM

This is something specific to your site. How did you load the featured image in the first place?
What version of wp?

ultracompetnet Feb 25, 2013 04:54 AM

I loaded the image with mars edit, but I've also tried this loading the image straight from the website (tried on a brand new image in a private test post). I'm using the latest WP, just downloaded it two days ago .. 3.5.1

ultracompetnet Feb 25, 2013 08:21 PM

Well, I switched my site to a different host and the problem has cleared up. There was something wrong with my old wordpress install, but since it's now working, no need to troubleshoot further.

Thanks for the great theme and good support on this!