Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Help Please - Want To Add A Component to Ata (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=20731)

genuwine4532 Aug 5, 2013 12:29 PM

Help Please - Want To Add A Component to Ata

Hello,

I want to add an element to the top of my site, as seen on this site: http://www.bulkdesigns.net/

With the checkmarks, product image and call to action link.

Anyway to do this?

I thought of using tables to create a custom element in the post editor and then putting the HTML into the Center Column, but I am not sure that a table will render correctly in all browsers or in mobile.

I can use any ATA version, currently using Ata 3.7

Any suggestions?

juggledad Aug 5, 2013 01:27 PM

1) upgrade to atahualpa 3.7.12
2) use FireBug in FireFox and examine how they did it
3) replicate that idea in the atahualpa 'Configure Header Area' option and 'CSS Inserts'
4) pat yourself on the back

genuwine4532 Aug 5, 2013 04:12 PM

Thanks Juggle,

Unfortunately that won't work, he bought that theme, it's part of the design, the developers license for that theme is $3700, or $55 for one time use. Way too much, and I love ATA wanted to stick with that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 102759)
1) upgrade to atahualpa 3.7.12
2) use FireBug in FireFox and examine how they did it
3) replicate that idea in the atahualpa 'Configure Header Area' option and 'CSS Inserts'
4) pat yourself on the back

juggledad Aug 5, 2013 04:59 PM

if you learn to look at the source os a page, you can see how the page is built. I could probably duplicate that page in a day of screwng arround with it.

genuwine4532 Aug 5, 2013 05:12 PM

That's true, I will try it out.

Do you know of any slider plugin that works with ATA, I have tried all the top ones, and none work properly, they either are flat images, or the slider is broken, nothing works??

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 102766)
if you learn to look at the source os a page, you can see how the page is built. I could probably duplicate that page in a day of screwng arround with it.

juggledad Aug 5, 2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Do you know of any slider plugin that works with ATA, I have tried all the top ones, and none work properly
what do you define as 'the top ones'?

genuwine4532 Aug 5, 2013 05:34 PM

These are the ones I have tried,

Fancy Gallery
Folio Press WYSIWYG
Horizontal Motion Gallery
Lightbox 2.2
Slideshow Galley Pro
Featured Posts Slideshow
Fotoslide
Front Slider
Islidex
Slidedeck Lire
Slideshop Gallery
Slidezoom
WP Featured Content Slider
WP Photo Album Plus
Xen Carousel
Featurific For Wordpress

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 102768)
what do you define as 'the top ones'?

swimflyfast2 Aug 6, 2013 09:09 AM

Try 'Slideshow', the only thing I wish I could do differently with it is use my own directory to store the images. See at masters swim team site.

genuwine4532 Aug 6, 2013 11:49 AM

That looks really good, I am curious, how did you set up the three columns in the header is that a table?

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimflyfast2 (Post 102775)
Try 'Slideshow', the only thing I wish I could do differently with it is use my own directory to store the images. See at masters swim team site.

swimflyfast2 Aug 8, 2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genuwine4532 (Post 102777)
That looks really good, I am curious, how did you set up the three columns in the header is that a table?

Added Widgets. You can put them at the top and bottom of center column, in header and or footer. as many rows as you want. Like you can have two columns on top of four columns that are above a single. I have a few sites that are almost all widgets. Here is an example at Grace Ministries.
logo in upper left is in a widget as is the menu on right under menu1
single widget with big image then under four widgets, under that 5 and under that (locations) a single one. fun.!

genuwine4532 Aug 8, 2013 09:13 PM

Ahh, yes I forgot about Widgets capability in the new Ata versions, thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimflyfast2 (Post 102825)
Added Widgets. You can put them at the top and bottom of center column, in header and or footer. as many rows as you want. Like you can have two columns on top of four columns that are above a single. I have a few sites that are almost all widgets. Here is an example at Grace Ministries.
logo in upper left is in a widget as is the menu on right under menu1
single widget with big image then under four widgets, under that 5 and under that (locations) a single one. fun.!