Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Import ATO theme settings (from 3.4.3) - not working for me with 3.6.4 (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=13333)

arthurmild Mar 16, 2011 02:52 PM

Import ATO theme settings (from 3.4.3) - not working for me with 3.6.4

Hi

So I have been using 3.4.3 for a number of sites and therefore have a few nice themes in the bank.

I decided to use 3.6.4 today but find I can't import a theme via ATO import/export themes.

I get as far as being allowed to browse for and select the ata settings file e.g

ata-stanchionepsthinkingspacewebcom-20110312.txt

But then upon refreshing the WP site page, nothing changes...

I couldn't see this in bug fixes - so any help appreciated

- I could build the site using 3.4.3... I know - but I'd like to get up to date

juggledad Mar 16, 2011 04:31 PM

What version of the theme did you create the export in?
attach a copy to a reply

arthurmild Mar 16, 2011 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)

file attached

juggledad Mar 16, 2011 06:24 PM

?? How did you get this export file? Atahualpa didn't have an export/import feature till 3.4.7

You should MANUALLY install 3.6.4 on the site with this 3.4.3 - put it in a separate folder - and then activate 3.6.4 and export the settings and use them for the import

arthurmild Mar 24, 2011 04:46 PM

Thanks JD,

Correction: it was 3.4.9 I was using , not 3.4.3 .

This method worked perfectly well, although I found I needed to name the 'active' atahualpa folder on my server "atahualpa"

as opposed to "atahulpa_3_x_x".

Now I know how to have alternative versions of this theme available to a site - and how to correctly import/export themes from each version.

juggledad Mar 24, 2011 06:51 PM

Actually you can have multiple installs as long as they are in folders that are named different, like atahualpa353, atahualpa364 etc. then they show up in the theme picker.

arthurmild Mar 28, 2011 03:42 PM

Yes - I can see this.

I think my need to keep the active theme folder as a vanilla "atahualpa" was due to me importing (to the remote server) a db from a site created on my local machine server (which only knew "atahualpa" as the theme).

I'm guessing there would have been references to the current theme in the db - right ?

learning all the time - Thanks again

juggledad Mar 28, 2011 04:09 PM

no, there is no reference to the them folder in the database.

However, there are lots of references to the URL of the site, so if you have an install on one site and export it to import to another site, you need to do a global change of the url

Hopflys Apr 13, 2011 12:06 PM

WP 3.1.1 ATA 3.6.4
I have a 3.6.4 installation working just fine. I exported the setting file and then tried to upload the settings file to a new WP installation (same hosting company and php version etc). I get an error message saying this doesn't seem to be a valid ata settings file. I have searched the forum and see others are having similar issues.
Are hints or clues for a workaround?
Thank you
David

juggledad Apr 13, 2011 02:17 PM

attach teh settings file and I'll take a look

Hopflys Apr 14, 2011 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Settings file attached. Thank you

juggledad Apr 14, 2011 06:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For some reason several 'blanks' were changed to 'cr-lf'. I edited the file back to 1 line from and it imports fine for me. Here it is, try it out.
Attachment 1289

Hopflys Apr 14, 2011 06:46 PM

Worked perfectly, thank you.