Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Page & Category Menu Bars (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Putting 2-4 recent post excerpts on static home page aswell as blog page? (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=16050)

lakewooditsupport Nov 21, 2011 12:40 PM

Putting 2-4 recent post excerpts on static home page aswell as blog page?

I have been working on a new blog and I have a weird one and I haven't really seen it done before to my knowledge.

I have a dedicated home page and a blog page to display posts, I will be using a 2 column layout on the blog page but I also want to have two of the most recent posts display on the home page?

I assume I would have to use custom fields? or create a div table and call up the code in index.php? Can I steal the code from the index.php file to display as follows

Code:

<table cellpadding="10" cellspacing="10" border="0">
<?php $column = 1; ?>
<?php // The LOOP. Do this for all posts:
while (have_posts()) : the_post(); $bfa_ata['postcount']++; ?>

<?php if ($column == 1) echo "<tr>"; ?>

<td class="column<?php echo $col;?>" style="vertical-align: top" width="50%">

<?php // Deactivated since 3.6.5
                #include 'bfa://content_inside_loop';
                // Uses the following static code instead: ?>
                <?php bfa_next_previous_post_links('Top'); // For SINGLE post pages if activated at ATO -> Next/Previous Navigation  ?>
                <?php /* Post Container starts here */
                if ( function_exists('post_class') ) { ?>
                <div <?php if ( is_page() ) { post_class('post'); } else { post_class(); } ?> id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">
                <?php } else { ?>
                <div class="<?php echo ( is_page() ? 'page ' : '' ) . 'post" id="post-'; the_ID(); ?>">
                <?php } ?>
                <?php bfa_post_kicker('<div class="post-kicker">','</div>'); ?>
                <?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>
                <?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?>
                <?php bfa_post_bodycopy('<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">','</div>'); ?>
                <?php bfa_post_pagination('<p class="post-pagination"><strong>'.__('Pages:','atahualpa').'</strong>','</p>'); ?>
                <?php bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>
                </div><!-- / Post -->       

</td>

<?php if ($column == 2) echo "</tr>"; (($column==1) ? $column=2 : $column=1); ?>

<?php // END of the LOOP
endwhile; ?>
</table>

Can someone give me some guidance please?

lmilesw Nov 21, 2011 04:41 PM

Juggledad's Multi-Column page template should do the trick. It is in the Gold forum which does require a donation of $20 or more and since you are already at $10 you are half way there.

lakewooditsupport Nov 23, 2011 06:17 AM

I already know how to do the multi column, that's not the problem.

What I need is to be able to have excerpts from posts on the home page as well as the blog page.

juggledad Nov 23, 2011 07:29 AM

check out the ato->Configure Excerpts options