Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [SOLVED] Is Version 3.6.4 Compatible with WP 3.3? (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=16331)

GRF Dec 24, 2011 08:20 AM

[SOLVED] Is Version 3.6.4 Compatible with WP 3.3?

I just tried activating v.3.6.4 and get the following error after upgrading Wordpress to v3.3

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

juggledad Dec 24, 2011 10:32 AM

There was an issue in the 3.6.x versions with Suhosin (you can search the forums) and theret are a number of BUGFIX's to apply (Olde Versions & Updates - threads starting with BUGFIX 364-nn)

but why not install 3.7.3 which is thE latest version?

utcarsons Dec 28, 2011 07:14 AM

I'm even worse... Wondering if it is going to break my 3.5.1. :confused:

I've tried updating several times to the new 3.7.x and it breaks some things on the site that I haven't been able to figure out how to fix... like my multicolumn category pages...

Feel free to have a peek and tell me what I'm missing if you like. I couldn't figure it out. I tried using a template posted, but it only works for one page. I couldn't figure out how to get a second category page to work. (I use 2 custom category pages with my current setup for the "available dogs page" and the "special medical fund" page.

Im really feeling like Im getting stuck here, but ever time I try and install the new version, I get frustrated and switch back.

juggledad Dec 28, 2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

... like my multicolumn category pages...
did you remember to copy the template into the new theme folder?

there was a change to the theme about thenm because of new wordpress restrictions so any template might need to be updated.

utcarsons Dec 28, 2011 10:30 AM

Ive tried it again today and now have the current theme operating. I think I have completely missed the boat with the template though. Maybe you can help. I dont understand how I can use it on more than one page. After reading more, I think I may be trying to set it up improperly. I was making changes IN the template.php file rather than making a custom field in the page. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add a custom field to my page though! Im pulling my hair out here.

And yes, I did copy the template over. I just now re-copied a fresh version.

Edited to add: I did have it actually working earlier today, but I had made changes to the template, so it wouldn't work on more than one page.

utcarsons Dec 28, 2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by utcarsons (Post 78020)
Ive tried it again today and now have the current theme operating. I think I have completely missed the boat with the template though. Maybe you can help. I dont understand how I can use it on more than one page. After reading more, I think I may be trying to set it up improperly. I was making changes IN the template.php file rather than making a custom field in the page. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add a custom field to my page though! Im pulling my hair out here.

And yes, I did copy the template over. I just now re-copied a fresh version.

Edited to add: I did have it actually working earlier today, but I had made changes to the template, so it wouldn't work on more than one page.

Figured it out... SCREEN OPTIONS... smacks forehead...

lmilesw Dec 28, 2011 11:30 AM

I hope you didn't hurt yourself :). Will mark as solved.