Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Site Not Displaying Correctly in Opera (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=10756)

c12281 Oct 27, 2010 07:13 AM

Site Not Displaying Correctly in Opera

I just received a comment on a blog article on my site from someone using Opera stating that my site does not display correctly. Is there a known problem with Atahualpa displaying correctly on Opera? I don't currently use that browser nor do I have it installed on either of my computers. My site is muzzmarketing.com if that helps. Thanks so much.

c12281 Oct 30, 2010 05:21 PM

Thank you for your reply. Glad it displays fine on the version you tested. I did send a follow-up note to the commenter to see if perhaps they were using a different version. You reference a "portable version" in your note. Do you have a link to that? Thanks so much!

Gerry Oct 30, 2010 05:28 PM

We've been getting posts that say that Atahualpa displays badly in some smaller browsers we've never heard of (K-meleon, f'rinstance), that images are scattered randomly, that the rss feed seems to have some xml problems...I'm a techie guy but this is all a mystery to me.

We generally tell these folks to use a more mainstream browser, but is there a known reason why this theme doesn't display properly in some browsers? How much should we care about supporting browsers we've never heard of?

lmilesw Oct 30, 2010 08:39 PM

Well I just opened muzzmarketing.com in Firefox, IE 8, Opera, Chrome, Safari, and K-Meleon which I just installed and all displayed it properly.

My guess is there are other updates that have not been done, vestiges of old programs, viruses, etc. etc. on the computers of those saying sites are displaying improperly. I frequently work on computers where updates have not been done in months if at all because people are afraid of breaking something.

juggledad Nov 1, 2010 07:03 PM

STB - you sound unsure about the recommendation. Did you use that one or was that just a general comment?

c12281 Nov 3, 2010 09:16 PM

Thanks for checking the various browsers Larry. I really appreciate it. Now I got a comment from someone saying they can't view my site on their iPad. It looks great on my ipod. I would think it would display the same on an iPad. Here's the comment:

"Hello! :) Is it Ok if I ask a thing kinda off matter? I’m seeking to view this web page on my new iPad but it will not show up appropriately, do you have any solutions? Must I attempt and uncover an update for my software package or one thing? Thanks in advance! Jennine x :)"

Are there any known issues of Atahualpa displaying improperly on an iPad?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

lmilesw Nov 3, 2010 11:30 PM

I just tried your site in iPad Peek and it looks OK to me.

c12281 Nov 4, 2010 08:54 AM

Thanks again, Larry. I will let her know...