Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Old Version fixes and change logs (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   BUGFIX 361-01: meta tags not appearing in generated source (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=12192)

juggledad Jan 12, 2011 11:57 AM

BUGFIX 361-01: meta tags not appearing in generated source

1 Attachment(s)
Due to a rewrite of some of the code the meta tags are not being written in the generated source. This can be fixed by editing bfa_meta_tags.php and changing line 3 from
HTML Code:

global $bfa_ata;
to
HTML Code:

global $bfa_ata, $post;
you can also use the attached copy of bfa_meta_tags.php which has the correction already made.
Download it, unzip it and then upload it to the atahualpa 'functions' folder replacing the original.
Attachment 1031

paulae Jan 12, 2011 01:35 PM

Thanks for the fix, JD. Donation made yesterday.

Also, would you recommend we start using 3.6 or not? Other than this meta tag fix, is the current version in the download area truly OK?

flyboy Jan 12, 2011 09:02 PM

You rock juggledad! I sent you some PayPal love (as much love as I'll ever give to another guy :P )

BTW, found another bug in 3.6.1

When, as an unlogged visitor, one tries to leave a comment, you can't tab from "name" field to the next one - instead focus skips two fields and goes straight onto the content field

Not a biggie as far as I'm concerned, but I thought you guys would like to know.

flyboy Jan 12, 2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulae (Post 54545)
Thanks for the fix, JD. Donation made yesterday.

Also, would you recommend we start using 3.6 or not? Other than this meta tag fix, is the current version in the download area truly OK?

I've done quite a bit of playing with it, and aside from a glitch I mentioned above, it seems fine for the most part. I suggest exporting your settings before you upgrade so you can quickly go back if need be. Just don't remove the old version from the server, and you should be able to revert any time.

Mind you, I'm not a developer - just a power user

lordi Jan 13, 2011 01:41 AM

hoh, i upgrade from 3.5.3 to latest (3.6.1-01), but still result in blank white page

any clue on this?

juggledad Jan 13, 2011 03:57 AM

Paulae - (thanks for the donation - and I'll be sending you a photo today :))
Some sites are having problems - some aren't so there seems to be an environment issue. It may be related to Suhosin. No matter, a change may have to be made. There was a lot of code changed from 3.5.3 to 3.6.0/3.6.1 because of new WordPress theme requirements and whenever there is a lot of code changes, bugs creep in (the meta bug for instance). My approach to this would be have both 3.5.3 and 3.6.1 installed. If you hit a problem, you can quickly reactivate 3.5.3 till the issue is fixed.

flyboy - see BUGFIX 361-02: Tab order on comment form incorrect when user is not logged in

lordi - please open a separate thread and include the url