Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Page & Category Menu Bars (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Password protected Page (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2910)

aebrigham Aug 11, 2009 03:36 PM

Password protected Page

I might be off my rocker, but is it standard for Atahualpa to have "This post is password protected. Enter the password to view comments." at the bottom of pages that are password protected that have comments and pingbacks turned off.

I could have sworn that it was only. "This post is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:" at the top?

Any help would be appreciated.

juggledad Aug 11, 2009 03:48 PM

That's a Wordpress item. Switch to the default theme and you will see the same message

aebrigham Aug 11, 2009 04:07 PM

Actually Juggledad, if you switch to the default wordpress theme and view a Page that has Comments and Pingbacks turned off, it does not display

"This post is password protected. Enter the password to view comments."

below the Submit button to enter your password.

aebrigham Aug 11, 2009 04:33 PM

To anyone that cares. This is how I fixed it. Under "Style Configure Comments" I removed

Allow comments on "Page" pages, too? to equal No

I do find this weird though because if I have turned off Comments and Pingbacks in the actual Page. You think it would override this setting. Regardless, I have the result I want.

aebrigham Aug 11, 2009 04:44 PM

Actually I would be interested to know if you can turn off "Allow comments on "Page" pages, too? to equal No" for only certain pages?

juggledad Aug 11, 2009 05:42 PM

hmmm this is interesting. I just shut off comments and pingbacks and swapped back to the default theme and I still get 'This post is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:'
This is on WP 2.8.2 - what version are you running?

I just noticed you mention pages and posts in your initial message. I was looking at the blog page Are you looking at a page or a post?

aebrigham Aug 11, 2009 10:16 PM

I think the same message is used for both pages and posts. I am referring to pages in all references. I quoted the message which has posts in it.

What I would really like to see is. For pages that I want to password protect and have Comments and Ping backs turned off, even if I specify (Allow comments on "Page" pages, too? to equal Yes) in the Atahualpa settings, that no bottom message in display indicating comments are password protected.

I know its a little hard to follow but all I want to see is "This post is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:" I don't want to see any message about comments, even though I have comments turned off in the page, but turned on in Atahualpa...

The reason I need it turned on in Atahualpa is because I have a Guestbook page that is my only Page that allows comments.

It would be nice to see an option in Atahualpa indicate the settings for specific pages instead of a global setting.

eeee, I totally am rambling

aebrigham Aug 12, 2009 09:59 AM

Really what I did to resolve this, which I am not totally happy with is put code in the comments.php and legacy.comments.php file

if (!is_page(#) ) {

text I didn't want displayed

}

My problem is, its not dynamic, and when I upgrade to a newer release of your theme, this code will be overridden...