Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Page & Category Menu Bars (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Category Menu Bar: Subcategory Indicator Arrows (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=584)

MatthiasHeil Feb 28, 2009 06:33 AM

Category Menu Bar: Subcategory Indicator Arrows

May I ask if it is possible to have a third option for the Category Menu Bar subcategory indicator arrows:

3. none

(already there: 1. white, 2. black)

I've tricked them into half-disappearance through color-effects and added HTML-Spaces on my site, though...-)

Ideally (and loyal to Atahualpa's "anything goes" approach) alternative characters could be configurable in admin, but this is probably asking too much (again)...-)

dorigen Feb 28, 2009 08:04 AM

I just asked this question the other day. Go into the actual code and search for the arrows image (i forget what it's called but if you look in the theme images you will figure it out). Once you find where they occur (they are set as a background image), remove them as the background image.

After that, insert the code as instructed in this post

That will take away the extra space that was allocated for the arrows.

MatthiasHeil Mar 1, 2009 09:09 PM

"Go into the actual code" does not sound good in terms up the upgradable concept of Atahualpa... maybe Flynn will/wants to/can think of something more permanent?-)

Flynn Mar 2, 2009 04:03 AM

I might add that in a later version but too many other to-do things have piled up. You can add a CSS Insert

HTML Code:

div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a
    {
    background-image: none;
    padding-right: 5px;
    }

div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand a
    {
    padding-left: 5px;    /* reset padding */
    }

MatthiasHeil Mar 3, 2009 02:23 PM

Oh, that's cool... never harms to know your share of CSS...-)

RTC Mar 30, 2010 03:14 PM

Hi,

as well stuck with the same issue: Category Menu Bar subcategory indicator arrows
I don't want no arrows and no extra space.

Where exactly do I insert the html code (from post Mar 2, 2009, 11:03 AM Flynn) "I might add that in a later version but too many other to-do things have piled up. You can add a CSS Insert"

Tried several options but due to my non-knowledge I did not get any result.

Thanks

juggledad Mar 31, 2010 06:21 AM

did you try adding the CSS to ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts?

RTC Mar 31, 2010 03:44 PM

Yes, reads like this right now on my page (ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts):

div#menu1 {
padding-left: 200px;
}

div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a
{
}

div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand a
{
padding-left: 5px; /* reset padding */
}

Result: the arrows disappear, but the extra blank space still exists.

Cheers

juggledad Apr 1, 2010 04:06 AM

did you try adjusting ATO->Category Menu Bar->Width of Sub Menus ??

Annaf Jan 12, 2011 04:34 AM

Hi

I have the exact same problem.
I want to remove the arrows from my menu, tryed to add the code above to insert css
but nothing happend.
Shuld i do anything beside adding this code to the insert css?

Anna

juggledad Jan 12, 2011 05:17 AM

recheck the code you entered, I just retested it (the code from post 8) and it worked as expected.
without knowing your URL there is no way to help you.

JosieM Jan 12, 2011 01:01 PM

Hello,

I've just tried adding the above CSS insert - copied and pasted, very carefully - but nothing happened either.

I'm using Atahualpa 3.5.3., Wordpress 3.0.4, and the URL I'm working on is:

http://www.spiritteacher.co.uk/

Thanks
Josie

juggledad Jan 12, 2011 01:26 PM

I don't see that code in your page. did you add it to the css inserts?

JosieM Jan 13, 2011 07:26 AM

I did add it to start with, but because it didn't do anything, I took it out again. Doh!! Will put it back.

*Edit*. I solved it. I realized that the code was referring to menu1, which is the page menu. However, I'm using the category menu, which is menu 2. So I just changed the menu1 references to menu2. Bingo, works perfectly.

Hopefully my error, realized and corrected, will help others with this! Thanks for your patience.

Josie :-)

JosieM Jan 13, 2011 07:42 AM

and, here is the code. As mentioned, I'm on Wordpress 3.0.4 and Ata 3.5.3 at the time of writing this. I went into Atahualpa Theme Options >> Various Content Items near bottom of list of options >> Add HTML / CSS Inserts. In the bottom box, CSS Inserts, I pasted the following code right at the end - it doesn't seem to matter where it's placed, so long as it's there?

nb: this is for menu2, the category menu. If it were menu1, the page menu, then Flynn's code in post 4 of this thread would be applicable.

div#menu2 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu2 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu2 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu2 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu2 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a
{
}

div#menu2 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand a
{
padding-left: 5px; /* reset padding */
}