Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Sidebars & Widgets (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   sidebar missing (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1669)

gina31 May 15, 2009 03:15 PM

sidebar missing

I have a right sidebar missing on one page. I have both sidebars activated for all pages. Why am I missing one on one page?

juggledad May 15, 2009 06:39 PM

What type of page is it?
have you checked Atahualpa Theme Options -> Sidebars -> RIGHT sidebar: Display on: to make sure none of the items are unchecked?
And Atahualpa Theme Options -> Sidebars -> RIGHT sidebar: Don't display on Pages: Have you entered any thing there?

gina31 May 18, 2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 6716)
What type of page is it?
have you checked Atahualpa Theme Options -> Sidebars -> RIGHT sidebar: Display on: to make sure none of the items are unchecked?
And Atahualpa Theme Options -> Sidebars -> RIGHT sidebar: Don't display on Pages: Have you entered any thing there?

I have the sidebars activated. The content in the sidebars are not showing up on my blog page. here is the URL www.crememagnolia.net. Sidebars work for all of the other pages

Ms. M May 19, 2009 05:00 AM

I am having the same issue. However, I have selected which pages I did not want the sidebar. My blog page was not one of them. My blog page is not showing any widgets.

juggledad May 19, 2009 05:03 PM

gini31
Actually if you look at the source of the page, it is generating a sidebar, it's a bunch of text boxes(?).
What widget are you using on the right sidebar?

s. M
1) what is your site url?
2) How did you select which pages to not have a sidebar?

Ms. M May 20, 2009 08:43 AM

I fixed the sidebar issue. Thanks!

gina31 May 20, 2009 08:53 AM

Ms.M

How did you fix the problem?

gina31 May 20, 2009 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 6867)
gini31
Actually if you look at teh source of the page, it is generating a sidebar, it's a bunch of text boxes(?).
What widget are you using on the right sidebar?

s. M
1) what is your site url?
2) How did you select which pages to not have a sidebar?

My site URL is www.crememagnolia.net
I am using text widget

nasu May 24, 2009 12:36 PM

I have a similar problem. On "Page" page (home page), I first removed the left side bar by entering page ID in "LEFT sidebar: Don't display on Pages: " of Atahualpa Theme Options/Side Bar section.
I now changed my mind and deleted the page ID, but can't get the left side bar back. I created the second "Page" page and expected to enter the page ID to remove the left side bar as well, but it showed up automatically without the left side bar. I now want the left side bar also on this page (and all future pages). What to do? Shall I delete everything and start from a scratch? Or would that confuse things?

Flynn May 25, 2009 07:12 PM

It shouldn't play a role what you did before if you have set new settings now. You might have a Wordpress cache running that still shows an old version of your site?