Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Plugins & Atahualpa (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [SOLVED] Thumbnail for Excerpts (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=15947)

MustardSeed Nov 12, 2011 04:01 PM

[SOLVED] Thumbnail for Excerpts

I use the plugin: Thumbnail for Excerpts (Ver. 2.1 by Radu Capan)

This worked fine with Atahualpa 3.5 theme. I recently upgraded to Atahualpa Ver. 3.71 and when I have the Thumbnail for Excerpts Plugin Active, there are no excerpts displayed.

When I disable the plugin, the excerpts display (i.e. 55 characters) but no thumbnail image. I don't want to have to manually set the thumbnail image for every post. And the 150x150 thumbnail images all exist. (I checked via FTP, and do not need to Regen)

It seems the plugin (Thumbnail for Excerpts) is not compatible with the latest version of Atahualpa (3.7.1) Theme.

The Thumbnail for Excerpts plugin is a great feature, and would like to use this.

Any suggestions? I don't want to roll back the theme version, as I like other updates/fixes incorporated with the current theme ver.

Please help!
Thanks!

lmilesw Nov 12, 2011 08:29 PM

That's a pretty old plugin. Have you tried and newer ones like Easy Add Thumbnail?

SavvyBaker Nov 15, 2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustardSeed (Post 75627)
I use the plugin: Thumbnail for Excerpts (Ver. 2.1 by Radu Capan)

This worked fine with Atahualpa 3.5 theme. I recently upgraded to Atahualpa Ver. 3.71 and when I have the Thumbnail for Excerpts Plugin Active, there are no excerpts displayed.

When I disable the plugin, the excerpts display (i.e. 55 characters) but no thumbnail image. I don't want to have to manually set the thumbnail image for every post. And the 150x150 thumbnail images all exist. (I checked via FTP, and do not need to Regen)

It seems the plugin (Thumbnail for Excerpts) is not compatible with the latest version of Atahualpa (3.7.1) Theme.

The Thumbnail for Excerpts plugin is a great feature, and would like to use this.

Any suggestions? I don't want to roll back the theme version, as I like other updates/fixes incorporated with the current theme ver.

Please help!
Thanks!

I'm having the EXACT same problem! After (finally) upgrading from 3.4.9. to 3.7.1. (and everything in between) today, everything seems to be working except for this. I had to deactivate Thumbnails for Excerpts in order to get any excerpts to appear (instead of just the headlines), but I can't get the thumbnails to reappear. I've tried AJAX Thumbnail Rebuild, Regenerate Thumbnails and WP Smart Image II. (Admittedly, I'm not sure if I used the last one correctly. It didn't seem to do anything.)

I would LOVE to have help with this, for I need to update two more blogs ASAP.

Thanks!

Liesl (currently trying to get www.tipsntidbits.com to cooperate)

SavvyBaker Nov 16, 2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilesw (Post 75635)
That's a pretty old plugin. Have you tried and newer ones like Easy Add Thumbnail?

I have now, and that did the trick! (I don't know why I didn't try BEFORE sharing my other message, but perhaps this will help someone else.)

Many thanks!

Liesl