Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Center area post/pages (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Hi How do I create a layout in the center area with a post then excerpt and thumbnai? (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=16863)

FanaSu700 Feb 27, 2012 12:04 PM

Hi How do I create a layout in the center area with a post then excerpt and thumbnai?

Hi

I would like to create in the center area a layout something like this:

1 post
2excerpt + thumbnail 3excerpt + thumbnail
4excerpt + thumbnail 5excerpt + thumbnail
6excerpt + thumbnail 7excerpt + thumbnail

That is one full post then the rest will be thumbnail on the left with excerpt
I am not good at coding. Therefore please show me a very easy way. I dont mind doing little changes in the files. Or copy paste this to there.

Regards
AJ

lmilesw Feb 27, 2012 12:21 PM

There is a template in the gold forum that will do that. The Gold forum is available to those that have donated $20 or more... Hey we have to make money somehow.;)

FanaSu700 Feb 28, 2012 01:43 AM

Hi

Is there a solution without paying money in this forum for this pasrticular problem?

Regards
AJ

juggledad Feb 28, 2012 03:23 AM

Sure, learn HTML, css, php and Wordpress then code a template to do what you want.

If you are not willing to support the theme developers and forum moderators, what incentive is there for the developer to keep the theme current or moderators to spend time answering questions?

The tutorials and templates are in the gold forum to reward members who do support the theme.

FanaSu700 Feb 29, 2012 10:53 AM

I thought this forum was the place i would receive some help with atahuslpa theme.

what you have created here is a funnel to direct people to shed their money in the name of donations.

You as a creator and still begging for money. there are 10s if not 100s of people who are creating video turorials on this theme and not charging a penny to view.

If you cannot help people who are using this theme without charging then you should pack up this forum.

Good luck

juggledad Feb 29, 2012 11:07 AM

If you look at the forums, you will see I personally have made over 15000 posts. We like to REWARD users that have donated. I spent several hours developing and testing the template and then decided to give it for free to members who have been generous to me.

Let me pose a question to you: If you are creating this website for someone else are you doing it for free? When you go to work, do you work for free?

You are not asking a question about a theme setting, you are asking for someone to give you a major modification to the theme.

BTW I'm not the theme creator, I'm a volunteer moderator, enough people DO value my help and reward me. The day I feel that it isn't worth my time will be teh day stop posting on the forum.

sleenie Feb 29, 2012 03:53 PM

This forum is by far one of the best, if not the best on the web. I have learned so much from the moderators and the members. I gladly donate when I can.

You have to be willing to learn and do some research on your own. They are here to help but not do the job for you.

Unless you are independently wealthy, everyone has to earn a living somehow. To build a theme like this and maintain is time-consuming and costly. I use the theme exclusively and it is a great learning tool.

I personally would like thank the developer, moderators and all of the members of the forum who so gladly share their expertise when needed.