Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Plugins & Atahualpa (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   All In One SEO vs. Atahualpa Alone (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3280)

Webmason Sep 4, 2009 07:22 PM

All In One SEO vs. Atahualpa Alone

Hi,

Is there a benefit to using All In One SEO vs. Atahualpa Alone?

Ever since All In One has required constant updates, I am tired of it. On the other hand Atahualpa seems to have added SEO features.

Is it time to ditch All In One SEO? (Realizing I would have to go back through every post and change them over)

Thanks for you valued opinions!

Tom

p.s. Keep up the great work on this #1 theme! I will be donating very soon, just waiting for some $$. ;)

Webmason Sep 6, 2009 11:27 AM

Huh. No opinions on this? :(

vishvadeep Sep 6, 2009 08:49 PM

Hey webmason, I had the same question until when I thought that All in one Seo is actully more dedicated option to seo purposes as it can cover the various aspects of the seo which atahualpa doesnt have built in, such as the title naming, meta keywords for each page, etc

Webmason Sep 7, 2009 02:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you very much for responding, I really appreciate it!

I thought Atahualpa now had this, perhaps I'm confused.

See attached thumbnail....

Tom

WordPressZen.com Sep 9, 2009 04:57 PM

Hi WebMason --

It's my understanding that All In One SEO is no longer supported by the original developer and has been superceded by a plugin fork called Platinum SEO Pack, which I use with all of my Atahualpa installations and love. Between the Atahualpa SEO fields and the Platinum fields, I have complete individual control over what displays on
a) the Title Bar
b) as the "Display" title of a page or post
c) the category and page menus

Oh, and you mentioned getting tired of doing plugin updates -- check out Plugin Central (enables you do batch updates of all the plugins on your WordPress site)

Webmason Sep 9, 2009 05:58 PM

Hey Thanks WPZ I really appreciate the response. Very helpful! :):)

Methow Oct 29, 2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WordPressZen.com (Post 14341)
Hi WebMason --

It's my understanding that All In One SEO is no longer supported by the original developer and has been superceded by a plugin fork called Platinum SEO Pack, which I use with all of my Atahualpa installations and love. Between the Atahualpa SEO fields and the Platinum fields, I have complete individual control over what displays on
a) the Title Bar
b) as the "Display" title of a page or post
c) the category and page menus

Oh, and you mentioned getting tired of doing plugin updates -- check out Plugin Central (enables you do batch updates of all the plugins on your WordPress site)

The link you provided is to the developer of Platinum SEO. Truth is that All In One SEO may have been left hanging for a short while, but it's now been transferred to Michael at SemperFi. Still supported, still alive.

I can't comment on which is better though.

GARY