Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   RSS, Feeds & Subscribing (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   RSS not working with Atahualpa (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=471)

murrayo Feb 20, 2009 08:22 AM

RSS not working with Atahualpa

I've installed the Atahualpa theme unmodified at GoDaddy, and the RSS feed does not work. Is there a fix for this?

Selecting the RSS feed returns the window "internet explorer cannot display this feed" page.

The feed link produced is myurl/feed/ or try it on www.onlinenewspage.com .

zenfull Feb 20, 2009 11:16 AM

FYI: I was able to access your RSS feed on Firebox but not IE

I'm having a similar problem but with both browsers :(

If you get its resolved pease post back and tell me what you did.

Thanks-Zenfull

murrayo Feb 20, 2009 11:32 AM

Yes, it half works in Firefox, but doesn't show the posts. Very frustrating as the code looks ok in the header.

My permalinks are set to day and name and have tried to reset them with no result.

Will keep you posted...

Flynn Feb 20, 2009 12:28 PM

Murrayo: All your posts are linked to Feedzilla, your feed seems to work, but to Wordpress it must look like you have no posts because all posts are pointing to external. You have obviously installed a plugin ("Feedzilla?") that does a few things with feeds. Disable that plugin and see if your blank default Wordpress feed starts listing posts

Flynn Feb 20, 2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenfull (Post 1844)
FYI: I was able to access your RSS feed on Firebox but not IE

I'm having a similar problem but with both browsers :(

If you get its resolved pease post back and tell me what you did.

Thanks-Zenfull

Please post a URL, I think your issue is different unless you have installed Feedzilla as well

zenfull Feb 20, 2009 12:42 PM

I am sure its some newbie mistake on my part. Its InterviewDiva.com .There is another post i made about it this morning in the forum with the errors.

Thanks a Ton!
DeEtte

Flynn Feb 20, 2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenfull (Post 1851)
I am sure its some newbie mistake on my part. Its InterviewDiva.com .There is another post i made about it this morning in the forum with the errors.

Thanks a Ton!
DeEtte

You probably have a space or blank line at the end of /yourdomain.com/wp-config.php (not a Atahualpa file) or at the end of /yourdomain.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php

Both files should end with a closing PHP tag

PHP Code:

?> 

and there should be nothing after that, not even a single space

zenfull Feb 20, 2009 01:58 PM

lol...i finally figured that out...

I wish i had seen your response. That was it exactly!

Thanks

silvershield Apr 19, 2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flynn (Post 1853)
You probably have a space or blank line at the end of /yourdomain.com/wp-config.php (not a Atahualpa file) or at the end of /yourdomain.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php

Both files should end with a closing PHP tag

PHP Code:

?> 

and there should be nothing after that, not even a single space

Where would you put this PHP tag in?

juggledad Apr 19, 2011 03:50 PM

you don't put it anywhere. Go edit wp-config.php and make sure that there is nothing after the final ?> in the code.