Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Plugins & Atahualpa (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sharethis button automatically placed on top of entire blog (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=9347)

Sidneyvollmer Sep 2, 2010 07:47 AM

Sharethis button automatically placed on top of entire blog

Hey guys,

At my dutch blog vollmer.nl i'm trying to add the "share this buttons" at the bottom of my blogposts.

I installed and activated the "share this" plugin (4.04) on my wordpress atahualpa theme. It works.

But apart from adding small buttons at the bottom of my blogposts, it also generates a facebook "like" button at the top of my blog, above my header.

Which is lame.

I can't figure out where to alter this. Can you guys help out?

Many thanks!

juggledad Sep 2, 2010 08:16 AM

Have you asked this of the plugin author?

Sidneyvollmer Sep 2, 2010 08:18 AM

Yes I have. I sent them an email. So far, no result. I also tried to register at their sharethis forum website to post this bug on their forum, but the registration email doesn't come through...

Argh!

lmilesw Sep 2, 2010 12:40 PM

Check for a setting that let's you remove it or look for a different plugin.

Sidneyvollmer Sep 2, 2010 12:53 PM

thanks for your thoughts.

it isn't there. rhis is a bug. but since i really dig the share this plugin, i want to keep it in– unless you might know of a plugin with the same functionality?

I spend quite some time searching for the plugin that let me have share ability for both twitter and fb...

Thanks so much for your help.

lmilesw Sep 2, 2010 01:11 PM

I don't know how this will affect other areas of your site but it takes out the top link in Firefox and IE8. Add the following to ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts
HTML Code:

body iframe {display:none !important;}

Sidneyvollmer Sep 2, 2010 01:27 PM

Did it!

It does take out the weird link at the top of the blog.

But it also "deletes" my facebook Like badge i had positioned in the right sidebar.

I guess I could counter that by making an exception in the CSS insert you just offered, letting it still display iframes in the sidebar.

Would I be correct in assuming this? if so: can you tell me what the exception is I should add at the ATO under CSS inserts so my sidebars are still displayed correctly?

thanks again, lmilesw. much obliged.

lmilesw Sep 2, 2010 01:51 PM

That's more about fine tuning the selector for the top but without the offending link there I can't get you the right code (if it is even do-able).

Sidneyvollmer Sep 2, 2010 01:57 PM

okay, i deleted your css insert, the link is back at the top.

thanks so much

lmilesw Sep 2, 2010 02:25 PM

Sorry... couldn't find a way to not display one and display the other.

Sidneyvollmer Sep 2, 2010 02:31 PM

okay. thanks for all your efforts. i'll try and find another plugin with the same capabillities.

have a good one!