Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Header configuration & styling (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   One Image behind header and center column and more (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=15820)

markfraser Oct 31, 2011 01:13 PM

One Image behind header and center column and more

Hello,

I'm not sure if I should put all this in one post, but here goes::

1. I would like one image behind header and center column - then another background image for the whole site. Like this site www.reolamusic.com. I'm not sure if this is possible

2. My workaround for this has been to put the same image in header and in center column. It doesn't look so good, plus I get the background image bar below header (where page menu used to be, before I moved it up onto the header image)

3. When I add "margin-top: 20px;" to Blog Title Styling it puts a margin above the header image. I'd like the header image to stay put and just move the blog title down a little.

4. How to put the tagline directly following blog title on the same line.

Thank you for any help - I love this site!

I'm using Atahualpa 3.6.4, Wordpress 3.2.1
Site: www.markfrasermusic.com

lmilesw Oct 31, 2011 09:38 PM

You can put one background image in ATO>Body, Text, and Links and another in ATO>Style & edit Center Comumn>Center Column Style. You may need to add transparent backgrounds to the sidebars and/or pages depending on how you are configured.

For the blog title position try using padding instead.

For the tagline try adding something like the following to the CSS Inserts box of the theme options and tweak to your liking
HTML Code:

.tagline {
    position: relative;
    left: 130px;
    bottom: 20px;
    height: 0;
}

internetforbindelse Nov 2, 2011 02:07 PM

Is it possible to create a container div, and start with the background pic and then add a div with the header

juggledad Nov 2, 2011 02:45 PM

There already is a container div. Take a look at the source of a page and you can see the HTML structure

markfraser Nov 4, 2011 01:03 PM

Thanks for the help so far. I'm a little confused by the 'container div'. Is this used to have one image behind header and center column. I also have a transparent bar where the menu used to be that I can't get rid of: www.markfrasermusic.com

Even if i could reduce this bar a bit, it might look ok..

HTML Code:
.tagline {
position: relative;
left: 130px;
bottom: 20px;
height: 0;
}__________________

This worked like a charm..

lmilesw Nov 4, 2011 01:13 PM

It looks like you positioned your menu upwards with CSS. If that is the case add height: 0 to that code.

juggledad Nov 4, 2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

I also have a transparent bar where the menu used to be that I can't get rid of
if you mean the black bar, that is your menu but you have moved the menu items up by -25px