Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Old Version fixes and change logs (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Atahualpa 3.4.9 released (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7056)

Flynn May 10, 2010 03:37 PM

Atahualpa 3.4.9 released

I'm closing this thread because it is getting unwieldily. If you have a problem with 3.4.9 open a new thread (if there isn't one describing your issue) and title it '3.4.9 - xxxxxxxxxxxxx' where xxxxxxxxxxx is a descripition of your issue.
Thanks
juggledad

===================================
Yet another release. This one I tested locally and on a web host, in both cases with and without existing 3.4.6 settings in the database.

http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=90

You may have to delete the option 'bfa_ata4' from the wp_options table in the WP database if you installed 3.4.7 or 3.4.8 before, see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7026 post #2 or alternatively post #7

If you get a broken layout with only the footer text, or missing header etc., it means the new settings format was not picked up, thus the almost blank page.

In that case please try a browser restart, I had the same issue yesterday night and today morning it was gone. I appears to be a caching issue, I'll need to dig deeper into this, but as mentioned 3.4.9 works for me, locally and hosted, with and without existing Atahualpa settings

• If no previous settings exist, you should get the new "default" style
  • If previous settings exists (you already have an older Atahualpa version running on that WP installation) then you should get an identical looking site as you had before, with your previous style, but with the new settings format and the import/export function

As always, I suggest that you upload this version under a new name, i.e.

/wp-content/themes/atahualpa349/

You should do this with every new version, that way you can always switch back to the previous version at WP Admin -> Themes

Your existing setting in the database are not being overwritten by 3.4.9

paulae May 10, 2010 03:53 PM

I just downloaded 3.4.9 and installed it after having 3.4.8 installed. No problems so far.

UPDATE: Ah. One problem. I imported ata-round.txt, but it over-wrote my other settings. I guess I thought it would just deal with the rounding issues. Perhaps there should be a warning about this.

lmilesw May 10, 2010 04:31 PM

Now we're in business. The only thing I had to do to kick start the CSS was to set the CSS Internal/External to External, Save, Set back to Internal, Save and all is good.

Flynn May 10, 2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulae (Post 31639)
I just downloaded 3.4.9 and installed it after having 3.4.8 installed. No problems so far.

UPDATE: Ah. One problem. I imported ata-round.txt, but it over-wrote my other settings. I guess I thought it would just deal with the rounding issues. Perhaps there should be a warning about this.

Currently there's no merging of existing and new settings, it's all or nothing. I'll add more fine grained import / export features later

Flynn May 10, 2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilesw (Post 31646)
Now we're in business. The only thing I had to do to kick start the CSS was to set the CSS Internal/External to External, Save, Set back to Internal, Save and all is good.

That's good to hear.

If you had the setting "External" before, 1-2 browser reloads of a front end page may have been sufficient?

I'll look into the CSS issue and test this.

With a new "Static, external CSS" feature in the next major version the existing 2 CSS settings will become obsolete

Ata-Sonic May 10, 2010 05:52 PM

Hello,

I am very excited to try the new version. I have a question about the 'styles'.

In /atahualpa/styles/ there are 3 .txt files
ata-classic.txt (the old Atahualpa look)
ata-default.txt (the new Atahualpa default look for new users)
ata-round.txt (another new style)

Paulae in post #2 mentioned that if I bring in one of the new styles (ata-default.txt or ata-round.txt) it will completely overwrite my original style (3.4.5) in the database.

My question is this: Are there any SCREEN SHOTS of the two new styles so that I can see what they look like, and whether or not I want to overwrite?

THANK YOU!!

paulae May 10, 2010 06:01 PM

I had no posts when I installed WP and Atahualpa 3.4.8/9, except for Hello, World. Hello World showed up fine. Here is the way the site looks now with 2 dummy posts and categories: http://fastwomen.com/

I would like the thumbnails to have a 1px border, but adding that to the thumbnail css didn't produce a border. This is what I have there now, all the default except the border stuff:

Code:

float: left;
border: 1px #cccccc;
padding: 0;
background: none;
margin: 0 10px 5px 0;

MyJourneytoMillions May 10, 2010 06:35 PM

I went from 3.5.1 to 3.9 and the site went down - the url is http://www.myjourneytomillions.com

I'll leave the broken one up for a little bit.

HELP!

I had to go back to 3.5.1 but The screen was near blank

Kadin May 10, 2010 06:52 PM

After loading I had to, as described above, was switch CSS to External and back again for the formatting to load properly. Problem now is I'm only seeing the first word in each of my posts. Anyone else getting this? I can see the entire post from the edit page of the admin section, but even after editing them only the first word shows up on the main page.

Edit: I can see the posts correctly after clicking the title, seems to only be affecting the front page. Tried toggling on / off all my plugins. No effect. New posts have the same problem.

Flynn May 10, 2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulae (Post 31658)
I had no posts when I installed WP and Atahualpa 3.4.8/9, except for Hello, World. Hello World showed up fine. Here is the way the site looks now with 2 dummy posts and categories: http://fastwomen.com/

I would like the thumbnails to have a 1px border, but adding that to the thumbnail css didn't produce a border. This is what I have there now, all the default except the border stuff:

Code:

float: left;
border: 1px #cccccc;
padding: 0;
background: none;
margin: 0 10px 5px 0;

The border type is missing:

border: solid 1px #cccccc;

(or: 'dashed', 'dotted')

kleinsasser.eu May 10, 2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilesw (Post 31646)

:) this helps .... 3.4.9 is working ;) Thx

hollidaysjohn May 11, 2010 03:43 AM

Brilliant theme! Thanks! Just to say I have had no problems at all updating from 3.4.6 to 3.4.9.:)

Just few thoughts - I know some have come up before.

It would be great if custom images in /images, /images/header, and /images/favicon were not deleted on each update. Given how flexible the theme is intended to be, and how well the update goes for everything else, having to manually upload custom images each time is a bit of a chore! Could these go into a custom folder? Or the install stopped from overwriting?

IMHO, there is a rather unnecessary css style div#menu1 which places a dashed box around the menu box. Could this be editable in the "Page Menu Bar" options? I have worked out that "div#menu1 { }" in the "HTML/CSS Inserts" option will do the trick anyway!

And I don't suppose it would be possible to be able to edit and save to the database the content of footer_output in functions.php?

paulae May 11, 2010 05:24 AM

Flynn, this is what I get for working on this too late at night. Thank you!

Ferd May 11, 2010 06:19 AM

Still having issues with 3.4.9.
Last night I tried a preview and I had all the styling and previous settings, but nothing in the center column (no posts/content.)
This morning I closed Safari, restarted my computer, and activated 3.4.9. What I had was no styling, none of my settings, the default headers, no posts/content, and my widgets were strewn all about the page.
Not complaining. Just sayin'.
LOVE the theme and am here to stay. :)
I appreciate all your hard work.

juggledad May 11, 2010 06:28 AM

Ferd, what is the url?
are you on a MAC? Willing to screen share so I can poke arround?

KatyDigg May 11, 2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulae (Post 31658)

Like the new site, Paulae

:)

Shepherd Jim May 11, 2010 08:09 AM

Whoa! I guess I have not been paying attention! :o :(

I'm currently running WP 2.9.2, but only Atahualpa 3.4.4 !!

Will I be okay upgrading straight from 3.4.4 to 3.4.9 without "going through" the intervening versions?

Jim

AdrianusV May 11, 2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferd (Post 31696)
Last night I tried a preview and I had all the styling and previous settings, but nothing in the center column (no posts/content.) This morning I closed Safari, restarted my computer, and activated 3.4.9. What I had was no styling, none of my settings, the default headers, no posts/content..

Same situation here. No posts in the middle. And another font (looked like Times New Roman). I returned to 3.4.6., awaiting adjustments. For the rest: compliments for this wonderfull theme. My site: www.astroblogs.nl

juggledad May 11, 2010 08:14 AM

AdrianusV - If you are willing to let me poke about, send me a PM with an admin ID and PW I haven't been able to reproduce it, so I need to look on someone's site.

KatyDigg May 11, 2010 08:34 AM

Where is the option to select/activate styles?

I would like to see/try the new style: ata-round

Thanks.

KatyDigg May 11, 2010 08:40 AM

I have been trying to figure out, and ascertain as to which section in ATO is applicable, how to:

Increase the space Above Footer

and

Decrease the space Below Header Image Category Menu area.

I have gone through all of ATO, alas, without success.

:confused:

Am I missing something (most likely, obvious!)? :o

Thanks.

kleinsasser.eu May 11, 2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berean (Post 31715)
Where is the option to select/activate styles?

I would like to see/try the new style: ata-round

Thanks.

You have to upload the ata-round.txt file with the upload-function in the atahualpa-options in admin-panel.

Thomas May 11, 2010 09:05 AM

I have a 3.4.6 install that is a fairly new site so has some general ATA formatting but no CSS inserts yet. I installed and activated the 3.4.9 theme a few minutes ago and got the blank page with the links at the top left. (The one thing I did try was completely clearing my cache and starting a new Firefox session.)

I've read all the posts and there are a number of things I can try it seems. I read that since I'm coming from 3.4.6 that I don't need to delete that bfa_ata4 field in wp-options.

With all the activity this morning I thought I would see if there is any new determination on steps to take for this..Juggledad\Flynn if you want to take a look just pm me..

Thanks!

paulae May 11, 2010 09:07 AM

Thanks, Berean. For now, it's just a domain I registered a long time ago, intending one day to turn it into a site for women's sports, especially for women "of a certain age," like me. :) It's a good test-bed for new themes.

KatyDigg May 11, 2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleinsasser.eu (Post 31721)
You have to upload the ata-round.txt file with the upload-function in the atahualpa-options in admin-panel.

Thank you ever so much, Kleinsasser :)

Solved my "space" query with/and absolutely love the new style!

Many thanks, Flynn

:)