Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Plugins & Atahualpa (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Add my sidebars to plug-in site now-reading-reloaded (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=13027)

anna55 Feb 27, 2011 07:07 AM

Add my sidebars to plug-in site now-reading-reloaded

I run an older version of Atahualpa theme 3.5.3 but I don't think the actual version will solve my problem.

The plug-in row-reading-reloaded comes along with some templates which were made for the default Kubrick theme as the developer wrote. So the sidebar is called with
PHP Code:

<?php get_sidebar() ?>

What do I have to write instead to get my sidbar(s) listed?

anna55 Mar 8, 2011 03:09 PM

Seems to be the wrong forum here. I realized there is one specially for plugins. So please move the post to the right forum.

When I mentioned 'my sidebar' I certainly thought of the default right and inner-right sidebars.

I really need help. Thank you.

juggledad Mar 8, 2011 06:35 PM

Atahualpa has 4 potential sidebars. You go to the sidebar page and check which you want to show.
Haven't go a clue as to what the author means by that comment, you should probably ask him, but seeing how it was written with the Kubrick theme in mind you might not get any help. You are probably going to have to dig into the code of the plugin and learn hat it is trying to do to figure out how to use it with Atahualpa.

Lynn Rasmussen Oct 17, 2011 08:39 PM

Similarly, I need to add to a plugin (Custom Content Type Manager) and need to 'get' the Right Sidebar. I have tried different combinations and am 'off' somewhere.

<?php get_sidebar(); ?> is the default. I have tried
<?php get_right_sidebar(); ?>
<?php get_right-sidebar(); ?>
<?php get_right-sidebar-widget(); ?>

I have seen similar examples in this forum under various questions. What am I missing?

Thank you in advance for any help. I love Atahualpa!

juggledad Oct 18, 2011 03:51 AM

after a quick read of the plugin's FAQ and Install instructions I do not see anything about 'getting' the sidebar. can you point me to where you read about this?

lmilesw Oct 18, 2011 07:50 AM

At the top of the sample template code provided by the plugin which looks something like the following where the xxx refers to your custom post name.
HTML Code:

<?php
/**
 * Sample template for displaying xxx posts.
 * Save this file as as xxx.php in your current theme.
 * This sample code was based off of the Starkers Baseline theme: http://starkerstheme.com/
 */

get_header(); ?>

try replacing the code with the following
HTML Code:

<?php
list($bfa_ata, $cols, $left_col, $left_col2, $right_col, $right_col2, $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'], $bfa_ata['h_posttitle']) = bfa_get_options();
get_header();
extract($bfa_ata);
?>

I am not sure that is all you will have to do but it should be a start. The template they provide is based off the Starkers theme and you have to base yours off the Atahualpa index.php

Lynn Rasmussen Oct 18, 2011 05:15 PM

Thanks, yes, that got my sidebar to appear. After comparing to the new, I realized what is showing at the bottom of the page is not what I have set up for the sidebar. Under my post is a search box, pages, archives and categories. While what I have set up via widgets in the right sidebar is Pages, Recent Posts and Custom Menu -now showing just fine thanks to lmilesw :). I tried adjusting some settings within the theme, but I'm not sure if it's from the theme or the code below.

My test site is here: http://www.socialenergizer.com/74.22...ontentTypeTest

The code so far is:
PHP Code:

<?php 
list($bfa_ata$cols$left_col$left_col2$right_col$right_col2$bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'], $bfa_ata['h_posttitle']) = bfa_get_options();
get_header(); 
extract($bfa_ata); 
?>

<?php if ( have_posts() ) while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>

<h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
        <?php the_content(); ?>
        <?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?>

<h4>Property Details</h4>    

<strong>Website Address (URL):</strong> <?php print_custom_field('weburl:wrapper', array('<span class="my_class"><strong></strong>','</span>') ); ?><br />
        <strong>Address:</strong> <?php print_custom_field('address'); ?><br />
        <strong>Phone:</strong> <?php print_custom_field('phone'); ?><br />
        <strong>Toll-free:</strong> <?php print_custom_field('toll_free'); ?><br />
        <strong>Email:</strong> <?php print_custom_field('email:wrapper', array('<span class="my_class"><strong></strong>','</span>') ); ?><br />
        <strong>Region:</strong> <?php 
$my_array 
get_custom_field('region');
foreach (
$my_array as $item) {
    print 
$item;
}
?><br />
<?php endwhile; // end of the loop. ?>
<?php get_sidebar
(''); ?>
<?php get_footer
(); ?>

I sent a small donation tonight. As my bootstrap business comes along, I pledge to support atahualpa, you and Juggledad, more appropriately. I would not even have a chance without your contributions. Thank you for your time, help and experience.

Lynn Rasmussen Oct 20, 2011 07:23 AM

I found it! The final fix for this is to remove:
HTML Code:

<?php get_sidebar(''); ?>
Thanks for the help of the Atahualpa team. You guys are the best support team out there!

bigliettaio Mar 10, 2012 04:05 PM

Hi Larry,

could you please take a look about following discussion: it is about how displaying sidebars in a right way using plugin too.

Many Thanks

Note: i started the mentioned discussion turning to JD 'cuase it was orininally posted on a discussion opened by JD:-) an than moved to Gold forum.

lmilesw Mar 10, 2012 07:14 PM

I saw that thread and the plugin you are using appears to require adding code somewhere in the theme files. That is something I avoid as I am working on multiple sites and having to remember custom code that would need to be redone after an upgrade is not something I want to deal with. So.... I don't have much experience in modifying theme files.

bigliettaio Mar 11, 2012 07:43 AM

Ok Larry,

don' t worry.

Thanks for the answer i appreciate your sincerity :)

Cheers