Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Plugins & Atahualpa (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   IE issues - jquery Mega Drop Down Menu (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=13102)

jcraig Mar 2, 2011 10:43 PM

IE issues - jquery Mega Drop Down Menu

Hi

I am trying to see why my jQuery Mega Drop Down Menu is giving me odd results in IE. I am calling the widget within the header portion within the Atahualpa theme (running WP 3.05 as we crashed when tried to upgrade to 3.1) hosted with HostPapa.com who provide the WP environment.

In Firefox/Chrome, etc., it is showing up properly as a horizontal menu with the appropriate call outs upon click through. Works.

With IE8, it is showing up as a vertical menu. Doesn't work.

Suspect there is some IF statement that I have to add if this is an IE browser, but not sure what code to put in (or where) nor the actual statement itself.

Site is www.swyc.ca

Any help is greatly appreciated as is all volunteer effort.

Thanks in advance,

James

juggledad Mar 3, 2011 04:01 AM

what version of Atahuala?
Is this a plugin? if so what one?
If not, how did you get the code

jcraig Mar 3, 2011 05:51 AM

Hi JuggleDad

The designer of the plugin got back to me and changed a bit of the CSS settings so that it is now oriented correctly in IE. The plugin is jQuery Mega Menu ver 1.1 and they have just uploaded ver 1.2 to the Wordpress system.

Now the dropdowns are going behind the %image section in IE... I seem to recall you gave some advice on the forum about this issue so will dig a bit more.

We are running AT 3.5.3. I would like to upgrade the theme to 3.6.1, but it states that an update will get rid of all of our settings... Again, I suspect you have given advice on the forum so will dig a bit.

Cheers and thanks so much for your quick response! Great theme as we are WP newbies - this forum has answered so many questions, and opened up a multitude of others.

James

juggledad Mar 4, 2011 07:29 AM

When you do an update of the theme, your 'settings' will not be lost, they are stored in the database. What might get 'lost' are any changes to the theme code you have made or any images you store in the theme folders. This is why I recommend doing manual updates to the theme (there are directions in the FAQ section of the forum)

Sprutt Apr 12, 2011 09:19 AM

Hi all,

James, did you guys ever find a solution for the mega menu appearing below content in IE?

I have the same problem, and I've even tried the Uber menu plugin but same thing there. Since the demo pages for both plugins seem to work fine in IE7+ I suspect some kind of conflict between the plugs and Atahualpa. I'm running Atahualpa 3.5.3 on WordPress 3.0.3.

I’d prefer not to post the URL, but can PM/e-mail it to anyone nice enough to help.

Thanks in advance! /Dag

jcraig Apr 13, 2011 05:12 AM

Hi Dag

I added the following to the CSS Insert section:

HTML Code:

/* Fix jQuery dropdowns so that they will go over the images */
#headerwidgetarea {z-index: 2; position: relative;}
div.header-image-container {z-index: 1;}

This should make things work.

James

rudolfhorst Jul 29, 2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcraig (Post 59601)
Hi JuggleDad

The wordpress designer of the plugin got back to me and changed a bit of the CSS settings so that it is now oriented correctly in IE. The plugin is jQuery Mega Menu ver 1.1 and they have just uploaded ver 1.2 to the Wordpress system.

Now the dropdowns are going behind the %image section in IE... I seem to recall you gave some advice on the forum about this issue so will dig a bit more.

We are running AT 3.5.3. I would like to upgrade the theme to 3.6.1, but it states that an update will get rid of all of our settings... Again, I suspect you have given advice on the forum so will dig a bit.

Cheers and thanks so much for your quick response! Great theme as we are WP newbies - this forum has answered so many questions, and opened up a multitude of others.

James

having the same problem now, how did you solve it in the end?

regards
rudolf

juggledad Jul 30, 2013 03:18 AM

read post #6